This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fuse holder in dash

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
dnolan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Fuse holder in dash

Postby dnolan » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:44 pm

My 1949 Cub doesn't have a fuse holder in the bottom hole in the dash. (It's an empty hole) The light switch does have a fuse on it behind the dash. Is this why I don't have one on the dash?

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:55 pm

I dont know the answer to your question. But I could not get to the wiring of mine so I cut and spliced it into a new type inline with a 10 amp or something with the new style auto square fuse. Not sure but I think it came from a new type radio or something just spliced the wires into mine and it sits to the left side of the old easy to get at if it blows just pull it out and put a new one in. I think the main reason I did it was becuase I could not find the cap that you push in and turn that held the fuse in. I think the fuse goes to the lights and what you see in the back is a resistor.
JON

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Fuse holder in dash

Postby Donny M » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:06 pm

dnolan wrote:My 1949 Cub doesn't have a fuse holder in the bottom hole in the dash. (It's an empty hole) The light switch does have a fuse on it behind the dash. Is this why I don't have one on the dash?

Yes.
8)

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bus Driver » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:41 pm

An identical fuse holder is available from Grainger, their item # 6F457. The fuse holder broke on my tractor and I replaced it with this one. The caps interchange, so I saved my old cap for a spare.
Luck favors those who are prepared

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Fuse holder in dash

Postby Matt Kirsch » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:54 pm

dnolan wrote:My 1949 Cub doesn't have a fuse holder in the bottom hole in the dash. (It's an empty hole) The light switch does have a fuse on it behind the dash. Is this why I don't have one on the dash?

Keep in mind that your tractor is 57 years old. A lot can happen in that time, and most likely did. It's very rare that a tractor that old is still in 100% original condition.

Most likely, a previous owner had a problem with the wiring, and instead of fixing it right, he cobbled something together with parts he could easily lay his hands on. Count yourself lucky that he a fuse in there at all... He could've just bugged the wires together :shock:

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:02 pm

a 49 owuld not have had a fuse in the dash, only the back of the light switch. As a side note, you can buy 20 amp circuit breakers form most parts stores that snap rihg into the light switch fuse holder.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

dnolan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby dnolan » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:43 pm

Thanks for the input. The fuse is built right into the back of the light switch. Does anybody know if there should be some kind of plug over the hole in the dash?

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:46 pm

Sounds like the dash has been replaced with a newer model

David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

dnolan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby dnolan » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:50 pm

That could be what's confusing me, thanks Dave

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:57 pm

Yeah, what John said. Sounds like a completely original '49 model to me.

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:10 pm

I've got me a little dashlight thingy on my 49, which is helpful at night for finding where you dropped your smokes or your lighter on the darned platform........... Fits right in the little hole. Lemme see if I can find the pics........