This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

which carborators will inter-change?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cliff204
10+ Years
10+ Years

which carborators will inter-change?

Postby Cliff204 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:36 pm

Hi Guys, Thanks for the help on the gas tank. Which carborators will inter-change on the 48 mod. cub?
Thanks Cliff204

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Ron Luebke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30145
eBay ID: 9716ron

Postby Ron Luebke » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:50 am

i believe that mr GW said that any carb that was 14 to 1 would work .14 parts air to 1 part gas.i 'm sure he will be on to later .
TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT !!!

' its just plain ole Ron '

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bus Driver » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:24 am

Substitute carburetors would need the fuel inlet, air intake, choke control and throttle control located so as to be connected to the Cub. The fuel/air ratio required is the same for all spark ignited engines.
Luck favors those who are prepared

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:42 am

Cliff,

This will take you much farther than you really wanted to go so don't take my ranting very seriously. :shock:

Since the Cub manifold can't easily be inverted you will be pretty much limited to updraft carburetors. As others have already said most any carburetor in the approximate size range of 3/4" will work.

Here's a close-up of the small Briggs&Stratton carb mounted on Scruffy.

Now, to what I think you really wanted to know. There are two 3/4" IH carburetors that look identical on the outside and either one would work just fine. The early one, #251 234 R94 was original to your tractor. The later 364 579 R91 would work well too. If you are able to get either one it would be best. :o

There are also a couple models of Zenith that are now sold by Case IH that are "make do" parts that are used simply because they are available. They are considered by many of us to be only a safe port in a storm... but, although they don't fit well they do work. :? :roll: The Zeniths do require modification to the choke control to work well.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Return to “Farmall Cub”