This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hydraulic Pump Problem?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Mike in NC
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27040
Tractors Owned: '48 Farmall Cub, '52 John Deere M, '07 John Deere 990, '08 John Deere Gator TX, '12 John Deere 5055D

Hydraulic Pump Problem?

Postby Mike in NC » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:30 pm

Hello to all. My old Cub is having hydraulic problems. There is no movement of the Rock Shafts and when I check the pressure in the system I get zero pressure regardless of where the lever is positioned. I did check fluid level and its OK. I am assuming my pump is shot, but would like an expert opinion. Thanks!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:42 pm

About the only way for a pump to stop working suddenly is for the gear to come off the shaft, whcih can only happen if the nut comes off. Take the top allen plug out of the block where the lines attach to the TC block and see if there is fluid comign out hen tractor is running. if so the pump is running. A more likely cause is a pressure regualtor or saftey valve sticking inside the TC unit. Kits are still available form IH, but you will need the casting number from the unit to determine which one. If you undertake the repair yourself, keep eveything Clean, clean, clean.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Mike in NC
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27040
Tractors Owned: '48 Farmall Cub, '52 John Deere M, '07 John Deere 990, '08 John Deere Gator TX, '12 John Deere 5055D

Postby Mike in NC » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:31 pm

Once again, thanks John. I tried taking out the allen screw and fluid comes out whether its running or not. I also used a pressure washer gauge as you suggested and I got no readings. I guess I'm going to have to pull the whole thing out.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:11 pm

here is a link to the service manual.
http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Blue%2 ... index.html
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”