This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hydraulic bypass block hose & coupler sizing

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
tmalloy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Hydraulic bypass block hose & coupler sizing

Postby tmalloy » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:39 pm

I plumbed in the bypass block using 1/4'' quick connect couplers on the side and bottom ports. It's my understanding that a hose accross these should allow me to leave the bypass block on even after I have disconnected any supplemental hydraulics (like a loader). However, speed and power of the touch-control is very poor for lifting my mower. If I remove the bypass block and put the system back to original it works fine. Would anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Are my couplers/hoses too small? I don't like having to install and remove the bypass block when I'm not using supplemental hydraulics, it is too messy and wastes fluid. Thanks for any help.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Rick Prentice » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:19 pm

Hello. I would think 1/4" should work fine, unless you have some other restriction somewhere. Just make sure you run that jumper like you have been, cause you won't like the outcome if you forget. Several members have "Dead-Ended" their systems and broke teeth on the pump and inside the front of the engine.

Is there anyway you can post a pic of which by-pass block you have? There's several versions out there now.

Rick
Last edited by Rick Prentice on Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

brian kov
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby brian kov » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:58 am

yeah , you definately wont like it ,my 1960 cub is still torn down cause of it .it is starting to be put back together finally
1955 intrnational lo-boy w/ fasthitch, 1960 farmall cub w/fathitch .fasthitch moleboard ,disk,carryall rotovator,54a blade,I.H. 1ooo loader , Syms all wheather cab. PROUD MEMBER OF THE 500 CLUB LO-BOY THAT IS . 1972 154 lo boy

Dan Robertson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47421
eBay ID: gotowin
Tractors Owned: 55 cub,
74 cub,
Cub Cadet 1515,
Case 580B TLB,
53 Ford Jubilee,
MF 271XE,
JD 3130,
JD gater

Postby Dan Robertson » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:05 am

The pic shows my aux hyds being bypassed using a 1/4" hose. The TC works fine being plumbed this way.Image
BTW -- the fitting supplying high pressure from the hyd. manifold is only 1/8" pipe thread.
You mention using quick connects. This may be part or all of your problem. I understand that quick connects should be sized one size larger then the hose they are connected to. They is to compensate for the restrictive nature (ie. ball valves, springs etc.) contained within the quick connect. I used 1/4" hoses on my blade cylinders along with 3/8" quick connects. Things operate great. Image
:) Dan Robertson :)

:oops: We all make mistakes :oops:
I try to keep mine to a minimum

Return to “Farmall Cub”