This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Splitting instructions

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
lloyd430
10+ Years
10+ Years

Splitting instructions

Postby lloyd430 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:48 am

Hey guys-- I lost my link to the server for the splitting instructions-- does anyone have that right off hand???? I lloked but I can't remember where it is. Starting Monday the students are splitting her :shock:

THanks Lloyd430
1947 Farmall Cub, SN 9920

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:16 pm

http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewto ... =splitting

I didn't check out the post. Use the search function at the top of the first page. Type in splitting. You will get a number of posts concering the subject.

Hope that helps.

Eugene

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Splitting instructions

Postby Rudi » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:18 pm

lloyd430 wrote:Hey guys-- I lost my link to the server for the splitting instructions-- does anyone have that right off hand???? I lloked but I can't remember where it is. Starting Monday the students are splitting her :shock:

THanks Lloyd430

Lloyd:

Is this what you wanted GSS-1411 Section 4 - Splitting And Recoupling The Tractor :?: :?:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

lloyd430
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby lloyd430 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:31 pm

Thanks Rudi and Eugene-- My son (3 1/2) while plaing on the computer some how deleted ALL of our favoriates, bookmarks important stuff ... I never realized how many sites I had saved until they where all gone :roll:
I am having the students take step by step photos of the entire process so it should be pretty cool.

Thanks again
Lloyd430

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:47 pm

lloyd430 wrote:Thanks Rudi and Eugene-- My son (3 1/2) while plaing on the computer some how deleted ALL of our favoriates, bookmarks important stuff ... I never realized how many sites I had saved until they where all gone :roll:
I am having the students take step by step photos of the entire process so it should be pretty cool.

Thanks again
Lloyd430

Lloyd:

1. Have you checked your Recycle Bin... it is probably there. You can either restore it.. which will wipe out your new bookmarks.. but then you can rename your current favourites to My Favourites - 2.. then it will be saved. Go into your Recycle bin and see if it is there.. NO - Don't ask.. and yes it has been a long time since my son was 3-1/2....

2. I can imagine that will be one heck of an instructional How To. Question.. will you be having them build rolling splitting stands??? Be a good idea if you have the time and the material.. a lot safer. Don't forget the wedges for the front end...... :!: :idea: :wink: :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

lloyd430
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby lloyd430 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:33 pm

That was the debate of the day to roll or not to roll........ The rear half we will have roll (why not the shop floor in school is smooth :D ) It is the front that had us hung on what to do, I am trying to let the students problem solve, so I try and stay out of it, but I have to give my 2 cents every now and then. The front section we are going to build a steel frame over the top to then support it by a strap like in the manual.. I have many engine stands that I am hopeing will line up with the cub so then they can remove the strap and let the stand do the work..

After the everything exturnal is disconnected, how hard is it, or what do we have to do to get the 2 halves seperated??? :?: :?: Do they just slide apart? How about the clutch, anything special with that?

I promiss lots of good pictures VERY soon,

Lloyd430

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:15 pm

Lloyd,

In theory the two halves should just slide apart without any problem. In practice the two dowel pins used for precise alignment can be a problem. This problem can be nipped in the bud by driving the dowel pins out first with a large drift punch. Be sure to replace them by tapping them back in place as soon as the halves separate.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce