This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Bringing a cub back to life

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ken (48 Cub)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40023
Tractors Owned: 1948 FCub
1957 LoBoy
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Ken (48 Cub) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:20 pm

It's not out of gas is it? Don't ask why I ask this question. :oops: Don't forget the inlet sticks up about 1/2 inch so it looks like it has gas. The fuel bowl will still be ful also. Stay at it, you can do it :lol:
Ken, Annie the '48.

I think we gotter if'n she don't jump, Andy Griffith.

Ike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 66801
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1951 Cub
1938 MH 101
1949 MH 44
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Ike » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:29 pm

dshatsby wrote:Hmmmm, possibly. But would I still get spark at TDC though? The rotor and the little gear under the rotor both point straight up to #1 spark plug cable when I have it all put together.

If it is 180 degrees out of time, it will still fire at TDC. However, it will be firing on the exhaust stroke rather than the compression stroke. You need to make sure you are TDC on the compression stroke when you set your timing. Good luck. :)

Ike