This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

ARE CUB HYDRAULIC SYSTEM INTERCHANABLE?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
99roushford
10+ Years
10+ Years

ARE CUB HYDRAULIC SYSTEM INTERCHANABLE?

Postby 99roushford » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:01 am

can anyone tell me if the a compleat hydraulic system's are interchanable? My cub is a early 50es and the one I am looking at (pictures only) is yellow and white so I know it came of a later modle cub. the sellers is telling me that he is sure the systems were all alike no matter what year they came off of. anyoe have any idea.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:06 am

The systems are not all alike. (If you are going to overhaul one, you need the correct kit for the part number of the block). The later units have rockshafts with heavier bearings and an additional arm that were added for the Fast-Hitch so you should have the later hydraulics for a tractor with Fast-Hitch.

However, they are otherwise all interchangable. The unit from any year Cub will bolt directly on any other Cub. Going onto an earlier tractor as yours may be, it won't make any difference.

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:58 pm

Long before this forum I didn't understand why my touch control had three arms. I remember telling people about it and no one at the time could explain it. Later I found out that mine was for the FH tractors but for whatever reason found its way onto my 48.

Return to “Farmall Cub”