This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

CUB trailer maybe

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

CUB trailer maybe

Postby Boss Hog » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:35 pm

Was talking to Rudi the other day he needed some cub front lugs for his trailer It got me to thinking. I have a good supply of front spindels and hubs for a cub . has anybody bult a trailer out of cub front hubs and if so how did you do it .
Thanks David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:53 am

David:

Kind of funny you should post that..

That is the project those front lug nuts are for. I am trying to get my sprayer wagon built.. it will have 3 of those 55US gal plastic barrels mounted on it. This way, the wagon will be the same height as the Cub and will be able to traverse the garden as long as Ellie can. When the corn etc, gets too high, the booms will swing out and be used to spray the crops from the sides of the garden. The 3 tanks will be plumbed together with an input hose from the front tank to the pump and the output plumbed to the booms on the rear. There will be two types of booms.. one will be a 4 row boom mounted at the bottom of the wagon for when I can run the rows, and the second will be a 15 foot boom mounted at the top and foldable to spray from outside in.

I already have the 2 complete front axle assemblies from the axle tube down to the hubs already in and out of the electrolysis tank and they are ready for painting. I am thinking that the rear set should be fixed, in that the spindles will not be able to turn and the wheels will just track straight just like a large farm wagon. The front assembly should act just like the front end of a farm wagon and be able to turn via the tie rod assembly.

The bed will be probably 2 P/T 4x4's constructed in a similar fashion to my logging wagon. The spray assembly will be powered by a gear pump pictured below..

I also intend to make a wagon that I can use strictly for watering my trees as well as keeping the road wet when the trucks are running.....

Projects, projects, projects..
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Ron Luebke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30145
eBay ID: 9716ron

Postby Ron Luebke » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:06 am

that sounds cool Rudi like to see pics when done.just a thought would wider wheels and tires help in loose garden dirt?
TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT !!!

' its just plain ole Ron '

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:52 pm

Ron:

ron luebke wrote:that sounds cool Rudi like to see pics when done.just a thought would wider wheels and tires help in loose garden dirt?

I really do not know.... I plan on using the same rims, but tires are a different story. I have 4 used 3 ribs that I want to try and see how that operates. I would think that it would have next to no problems if the front is going through.. traction does not seem to be an issue for me.

However, on the other tanker, yes.. I plan on using the rears wheels off of some of the OTHER kinds of Lawn and Garden Tractors.. some Grey, some Red, some just Yellow and Green colours.. :roll: :shock: :lol: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

AlanPCUBS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby AlanPCUBS » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:20 pm

Rudi sounds pretty good to me! I have often thought one of Kodiaks Carryalls would make a good place for mounting a tank. I have a T Valve on my big sprayer you can control three diff. spraying sections from it, individually or two at a time or all three. also you can put a preasure guage and a preasure regulator on it wich is also important so you can adjust the preasure to what works best for your application.
Anyway sounds great hope wwe get to see some pics when you get going on it. If i get started on one i will post it for you also.

Alan

Return to “Farmall Cub”