This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Just serviced my Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
RAW in IA
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 50662

Just serviced my Cub

Postby RAW in IA » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:03 pm

Just got done servicing my cub. Took it for a drive towarm it up, and changed oil and filter. Also checked the steering box. Steering seemed to be a little harder lately, but the oil level was always up when I pulled the fill plug. Surprise! What I had was a little oil on top of water! Drained it a refilled with 90 wt. Should steer a little easier now. Also drained the Tranny for the second or third time this year. Tractor sits outside all summer, so it gets a lot of water in it. All that and a good grease job and it should be ready for snow plowing this winter. I have been using Castrol Syntec Blend 10W-40 for the last few years, and change it once a year. I don't put many hours on it and this seems to work pretty well, and it starts good in the cold weather.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:50 pm

I DO ALL MY SERVICE WORK EARLY SPRING.4 TRACTORS TO KEEP TRACK OF.THIS WAY ALL DONE READY TO WORK ONCE THE WARM WEATHER HITS.ITS ALWAYS IMPORTANT TO CHANGE OIL AND CHECK EVERYTHING A LEAST ONCE A MONTH.I WORK ALL OF MY TRACTORS HARD,FROM GRASS CUTTING TO PLOWING AND DISCING.TO PULLING WAGONS FOR KIDS.DON'T FORGET TO CHECK WATER LEVEL IN BATTERY.CHARGING AND WARM WEATHER DRY THEM OUT,IE SHORT LIFE.GREASE THEM UP AND ROLL'EM.MOST PROBLEMS CAN BE ADVOIDED.KETCHAM
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:18 pm

Raw in Ia, Don't forget to oil the fan hub and the generator.
Mike
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12487

Postby Jackman » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:28 pm

Nothing like a good running Cub, don't forget about the adjustable lifters. When I finally after years of use decided to adjust my lifters WOW was I ever surprised what a differance that made , I wish I had done them right from the start.

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:13 am

AND...Don't Forget To Change The Oil In Your FINAL DRIVES :wink: I've seen guys go for years without doing it...AND, it's an important part of the lubrication system :!: :wink:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

brichter
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32449
eBay ID: Kinardhippy
Skype Name: Billy.Ray.Richter

Postby brichter » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:23 pm

Raw, a real good investment is a small tarp down at the hardware store. even if you don't have a barn to put the Cub in, you can cover it up. Keeps a lot of rain out of the transmission.
If you're gonna dream or steal, do it BIG

The best things in life aren't things.
1951 Cub
1963 Corvair
lots more junk

Return to “Farmall Cub”