This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cutting grass with the Cub ,

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
countershaft
10+ Years
10+ Years

Cutting grass with the Cub ,

Postby countershaft » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:40 pm

Anyone have any ideas with the recent problem I'm having ? Used the Cub for years with a 59 Woods mower and cut smoth as silk , now all of a sudden it's throwing out "clumps" of grass. Looks like heck . I have to go over it again to make it presentable.
1958 Farmall Cub , 1948 Farmall Super A , 1950 Farmall Cub demonstrator (restoring), 1968 Wheel Horse lawn mower.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Redman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Redman » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:55 pm

:?:
Last edited by Redman on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

LARRY BALL
10+ Years
10+ Years

CUTTING GRASS WITH CUB

Postby LARRY BALL » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:14 pm

COUNTERSHAFT******** REDMAN IS RIGHT ON. I HAVE MOWED A LOT WITH THE CUB. BOTH WOODS 59, AND IH 42. THE ONLY TIME I GET THAT "FRIZZY" LOOK AFTER MOWING IS FROM ONE OF THESE MISTAKES.
MOWING TOO FAST, GRASS UNUSUALLY TALLER THAN NORMAL, DULL BLADES, LOOSE BELT, OR AROUND HERE IN TEXAS--BAHALIA GRASS!
TOUGHER THAN AN OLD BOOT :roll:
LARRY BALL

LARRY BALL
10+ Years
10+ Years

MOWING WITH CUB

Postby LARRY BALL » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:30 pm

ALSO THE LAST CUB I BOUGHT, (LOCO) THE P.O. HAD INSTALLED NEW BLADES, BUT UPSIDE DOWN. THEY DIDN'T CUT WORTH A FLIP. BUT WOULD HAVE LASTED FOREVER :!:
LARRY BALL

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cecil » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:33 pm

If you have had as much rain as we have the main culprit could be just the fact that the grass is so wet. Around here even the commercial guys are having the same problem. I have a commercial mover that does a great job and even it is pushing out clumps

My advise is to let it dry overnight and mow over again this time with the mower about a half an inch higher. That should cut the clippings finer and spread them out more.

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:08 pm

Make sure the baffles are still in place, they keep the clippings moving instead of dropping out. Of course, wet and tall and lush grass falls out in clumps no matter what kind of mower you use.
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Return to “Farmall Cub”