This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Everything must go :(

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Everything must go :(

Postby allenlook » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:32 am

Well fellas, all good things must come to an end. Owning the Cub and the Super A have been an absolute ball, but I think it's time to focus more on my flying and pilot's license and less on making work for myself around the homestead :D

Of course, flying is $$$ especially with the cost of avgas, so the tough decision has been made and Rough and Reddy have to go... I sure will miss 'em though. The motorcycles are probably next. It's been too rainy to ride them more than twice all year anyway :(

I'll continue to host http://www.farmallcub.info for everyone, and will of course make any improvements thereto that you request! Keep your eyes on the For Sale forum or give me a PM if I have anything that you were interested in all along.

I still have the Cub, Super A, IH-1000 Loader, Henderson Loader, Woods L-59, Cub 193 Plow, Cub 54A grader/leveler, tire chains, etc... I'll try to list everything when I get good pictures.

I hope I'll still be welcome at the CubFest.
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:38 am

Sorry to here that allen, You dont have a cub planter do ya. It would be finally close enough to get something. LOL.
JON

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Hengy » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:08 am

Really sorry to hear that you are getting out of the "cub" line!

Post pics of Rough and Reddy when you get a chance...

All the best!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

brian c
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38632
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub

Postby brian c » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:50 am

Allen,
Sorry to hear that - but it's certainly understandable. I have an airplane I've been restoring on and off for the last 4 years now. Anything airplane costs $$$$$. Luckily I get to fly for a living, so I still get in the air, even though my plane doesn't.

Best of luck to you, and thanks for all your contributions here.

Brian C

01AFcub
10+ Years
10+ Years

sad, so sad

Postby 01AFcub » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:20 am

Its sad to hear you have to go, bust come as things do i know what you are going through.I wish you the best of luck, my father and one of my brothers hae their pilots licensce adn they sure make a fuss about the cost of fuel, take care and be well i wish you the best
Love to one, Friendship to many, Goodwill to all.-anonymous

The secret of success: never let down and never let up. - anonymous

Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents. It is lent to you by your children. - kenyan proverb

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:30 pm

Allen:

I really am sorry to hear that you have decided to liquidate :shock: :? :roll: :roll: I do know that airplanes are expensive :!: :!: My twin has been a glider pilot and instructor for well almost 25 years now I guess... being AirForce helped I imagine. Flying is almost as fulfilling as seat time on a Cub.. but way out of my league, so my Cubs will have to be my birds too :!: 8) 8) :!: :wink:

I do hope that you will continue to be part of our family and that we will see you whenever you have spare time. When you get your license or need to do some long distance flying.. well --- you can always plot a course north and come and visit a spell. That way you will at least be able to get some seat time... Always welcome.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:49 pm

Allen,

The cost of flying has driven many of us from the sky. I got my private licence nearly 40 years ago, and am still a partner in the plane I learned to fly in. The sad fact is that the costs from silly but publicly supported regulations have driven a large part of general aviation from the skys. More's the pity! They actually use a far different part of the sky than commercial aviation.

As far as I know, no Piper Cub has ever successfully attacked a commercial airliner... and they do fly in a totally different environment!

Even sadder is the fact that those wanting to fly have been driven to less safe, but unregulated machines. (ultralights) :(

If I owned a time machine, I'd go back and give the FAA another chance to actually promote aviation as was their original charge, instead of grandstanding before an ignorant public. :(
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Russ Leggitt
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 38655
Tractors Owned: [18] CUBs from 1947 thru 1974; "B" Farmall, [2] John Deere MTs; Ford 600; Ford 4000; and a 1956 IHC S112 Pickup [CUB Hauler]

Postby Russ Leggitt » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:08 pm

Allen,

I am saddened to hear of your decision. however, am hartened that you
will still be available to help us Cubbers. I have never flown an airplane.
I have flown on an airplane and love it. I along with Mr. Willer think that
Government involvement has made a once enjoyable activity less so and
in some cases less safe.

I certainly wish you the safest flights and enjoyment into the future.

Russ L.

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:01 pm

but I think it's time to focus more on my flying and pilot's license and less on making work for myself around the homestead

It's a strange world for sure. I'm thinking it's time to focus less on flying....and more on tractors. :lol: :lol: The tractors have been a nice relief from the heavy metal rat-race that takes place overhead. Constant yaking on the radio from coast to coast, bad coffee......all nighters, hot cockpits...etc. I often wondered what other profession I could have done. But...here I am....this is all I've done since high school. My Dad absolutely refused to let me work in the machine shop. Allen....I wish you happy landings in your endevours. I understand your longing for the sky. But, at some point....I think you'll miss working on the cubs. I say this as I'm about to take a 737 from NYC to PHX. Somewhere over Missouri......I'll look down and think of the up coming Cubarama. LOL It just doesn't leave ya!! 8) :lol: 8) :lol:

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965

Postby Cecil » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:39 pm

Allen, you should know by now that once you have owned a Cub you are part of the Cub family. I would expect nothing more than to see you in October. In fact I would be disappointed if you thought you would not be able to come. I look forward to seeing you at least one day and maybe all three days that weekend. I even promise no heart attack.

JohnL (BlackJeep)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 26321
Tractors Owned: -
1952 Farmall Cub "Squeaky"
1954 Farmall Cub "Patience"
2013 Kubota L3200

Postby JohnL (BlackJeep) » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:47 pm

Allen,

Sorry to hear you're leaving the Cub hobby (or is it a lifestyle?), but I hear where you're coming from. This year is the 20th anniversary since I got my pilot's license and 15 years since I've flown a plane. I gave it up when I moved from NC to CT and found out what the cost is up here!!!

Best of luck with your flying, be safe.

BlackJeep
----- Farmall Cub - The most fun you can have with your pants on...

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:31 pm

I STILL THINK YOU SHOULD KEEP THE CUBS.I'VE BEEN RIDING HD'S FOR 22 YEARS.I LOVE BIKES BUT WOULD LIKE TO FLY ALSO.HANG GLIDING IS OK BUT GEORGE SAYS IT ALL WITH THE PIPERS.I WISH I'D KNOWN AT THE CUB TUG HE LIKED TO FLY.MY GREAT UNCLE HAD A PIPER AND LOVED TO FLY PS [I'M SCARED OF HEIGHTS]MY DAD STILL TALKS ABOUT THE PIPERS WHEN WE GO TO CAMBRIDGE MD FOR THE ANTIQUE FLY INS.OLD BIKES PLANES AND TRACTORS ARE GREAT!!!TO BAD ITS GETTING SOOO EXPENSIVE TO ENJOY!!!CHOOSE YOUR WEAPON WISELY AND ENJOY!!!KETCHAM
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:07 am

Hey Allen...Consider keeping ONE Cub and your favorite piece of operating equipment for it (if it were me...the loader!!!). It will cost you next to nothin' to keep them around and if this new-fangled fylin' thing of your's doest'n get off the ground...you'll still be GOOD-TA-GO in Cubland! :wink: Just a thought from a guy who's BOUGHT and SOLD and still regrets the SOLD cause I can't git it back! :cry:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:37 pm

Sorry to see ya let go of something that aint replacable as country says. id hang onto something. You never know when you may need a loader for something. :D

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Postby allenlook » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:25 pm

Thanks for the sentiments fellas :) I appreciate every one, I truly do :)
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”