This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

tuggin' stuff around

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
freebird
10+ Years
10+ Years

tuggin' stuff around

Postby freebird » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:29 pm

Wife wanted some large rocks moved for a new flower garden, plus a guy wanted some old 4 by 6 foot tanks I had so he can start producing biodiesel. Woo-hoo, Seat time!

Tell the truth, there's less to remember!

'52 standard cub
'56 lo-boy

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:33 pm

Seat time is good!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Trackburger
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Trackburger » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:40 pm

Looks like you had a blast!!!!
Nice Cub you have by the way! 8)
1948 Farmall Cub (now gone)
1971 Cub Cadet 73
1950 David Bradley
The harder thing to do and the right thing to do are usually the same thing ;)

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:15 pm

I'll echo the others... seat time is good, especially when it is with friends. It's always good when our little mechanical friends prove useful. We're always looking for an opportunity.

Now, the bad part... from a safety cop. Pulling from a higher point than the drawbar is (or can be) very dangerous, especially with a Lo-Boy with it's forward shifted rear axle. Rear flips can spoil your day! :( Please consider hooking the chain only to an approved point... we care.

BTW, That's a very nice Lo-Boy. '55?
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:21 pm

Well, I see someone else has figured out that slings are really useful with a Cub. And I see you had the sling anchored low on the rear... much better.

George is right.. Having that chain hooked to that log up so high is kinda dangerous.. Cubs can heel over in a blink of an eye.. and we don't want to hear from your friends and neighbours you had a bit of a flip.... :roll: :( :(

It sure looks like you had some quality seat time though..
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

kylev
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby kylev » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:11 pm

About towing. I have a 15 kw diesel generator that I have mounted on a 5x10 trailer that I built out of 2 3/8" pipe. It is pretty heavy. My 350 4 wheeler will pull it however I don’t do it much because of the tongue weight. If the 350 can pull it and not strain to much does anyone think my cub will be able to pull it around the yard :?: I am guessing that the cub will be geared differently and be able to pull it without straining ?

Down here in cajun country!
Breaux Bridge, La
http://photobucket.com/albums/y235/kylev/Tractor/
1951 Cub Serial #1221xx

rustynuts
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rustynuts » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:46 am

I pull and move my 28 foot pontoonboat alot in the summer and it has I'd bet 400# on the tongue weight I pull quite a bit of stuff with my cub and I mean heavy stuff I just pulled a 12 inch diameter apple tree that got blowed over during the last storms over 1/4 mile dead drag. The throttle full open 2nd gear engine took on the strain and slowed some but the raincap stayed up in the air and it was a tug for sure did a little wheel hop on short turns but I'm sure you shouldn't have anyproblem pulling with the cub. I have moved full gravity wagons with mine at times. They may look like a week little 9 hp tractor but they are work horses and I'll hook that 9hp to anyday modern 25 hp garden tractor and pull it all over the place........ :lol: :lol: :lol:
* If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'.

freebird
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby freebird » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:54 am

Thanks fo the advice guys, that is important and I do appreciate it. I had only one wheel hop about 6 inches off the ground breaking the first tank loose as the concrete on it had sunk in the dirt. No wheel spin and just above idle. Love the new tires. I had initially set the touch control way low but must've bumped it using the throttle. My tabs on the quadrant are broke off. I saw somewhere here a guy was using some window "stops" as they are cheaper than oem kind. Thanks for the responses!

Oh, George, my rig is a '56.
Tell the truth, there's less to remember!

'52 standard cub
'56 lo-boy