This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

HEATING THE PULLY

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Mac from NS
10+ Years
10+ Years

HEATING THE PULLY

Postby Mac from NS » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:21 am

I put the pully in the oven for about 45 minutes at about 300. Then I used half inch threaded rod and tried to push it into place BUT it only went half way on :cry: Question do I need more heat and will the seal handle more heat.
Take a little time to play,you don't grow old as fast that way.

Mac

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:52 am

Here is what I would do.

Pull the pulley again. Clean up (polish) the crankshaft and inside of the pulley. Check for burrs. Clean out the indent for the key. Make sure the key is not burred. Use a light lubricant inside of the pulley and on the crankshaft.

Good luck.

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:23 pm

I've always heated 300 for 30 and never had a problem. You need to be quick about it. A gear wrench works well and keep it moving, don't stop till it meats the crank gear.

Return to “Farmall Cub”