This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

ih 1000 , its on but wont work

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
brian kov
10+ Years
10+ Years

ih 1000 , its on but wont work

Postby brian kov » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:18 pm

i dont know what i am doing wrong :?: all the hoses are hooked up properly , and today when i went otu to look and see if i could do any thing i noticed a steady drip coming from the return line where it goes into the hydraulic manifold ,probably cause i couldnt find the right fitting and had to settle for a plastic one with the wrong threads they were pipe threads instead of bolt type threads ,i didnt think that would be a big problem as that is the return line and i think it is not under pressure . so i started the cub up and it shut off almost immediately , twice . i figured the hyd pump was putting a load on a cold motor , the 3rd time it stayed running but started making a noise kindof like rappin or a little piston trying to pump to no avail . i dont have any ideas and would really like to try this thing out and get the cub back under roof before it starts to monsoon again , the lil jobs i have for it are startin to pile up :lol:
1955 intrnational lo-boy w/ fasthitch, 1960 farmall cub w/fathitch .fasthitch moleboard ,disk,carryall rotovator,54a blade,I.H. 1ooo loader , Syms all wheather cab. PROUD MEMBER OF THE 500 CLUB LO-BOY THAT IS . 1972 154 lo boy

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:42 pm

Brian:

The best I can do is point you to the IH 1000 Loader Operator's Manual.

I do not have a service manual for it, unfortuantely.

Now, as far as my feeble brain will carry this... but:

You wrote:

today when i went otu to look and see if i could do any thing i noticed a steady drip coming from the return line where it goes into the hydraulic manifold ,probably cause i couldnt find the right fitting and had to settle for a plastic one with the wrong threads they were pipe threads instead of bolt type threads ,i didnt think that would be a big problem as that is the return line and i think it is not under pressure .

I admittedly know diddley squat about hydraulics aside from what I have observed using the Massey 1020 with the Allied Loader on it.. and various other hydraulically powered equipment such as dozers and loaders..

The drip most definitely would be because of the stated mis-match of the threads. Hydraulic fittings from what I understand are all under pressure of some sort, and must use the correct certified hydraulic type parts. Therefore, it would make some sense to me, that a plastic fitting with the wrong thread would be the root cause.

The second concern I would have would be the amount of hydraulic or Touch Control Fluid you have in the system. When you mount up the loader, I am assuming that the increase in the hose length, translates to an equivalent drop in pressure due to the extra fluid being stored in the hoses... :?: :?: :?: does this make sense :?: :?: Does the system need an auxillary reservoir :?:

So to solve the problem I would first get the correct fittings. No sense even trying to rinkydink it.. that is an accident waiting to happen. The second thing I would do is check the level in the reservoir after you have redone the fitting and tried the loader. You may find that you will have to add some fluid... (I may be way off base on this.. but it just sort of makes a little bit of sense to me....)

I hope this random prattling is of some use to you..
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

evielboweviel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43130
eBay ID: evilboweviel

Postby evielboweviel » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:55 pm

Rudi
the resivour is in the main post the loader arem bolts to. Under the valve body. If the connection to the hydraulics on the tractor is leaking then air will get sucked in to the hydraulic swystem and it won't work very good
Ron

brian kov
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby brian kov » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:30 pm

the leaking spot is where the big hose goes into the filler hole for the hyd. rockshaft area , the loader doesnt even try to move .
1955 intrnational lo-boy w/ fasthitch, 1960 farmall cub w/fathitch .fasthitch moleboard ,disk,carryall rotovator,54a blade,I.H. 1ooo loader , Syms all wheather cab. PROUD MEMBER OF THE 500 CLUB LO-BOY THAT IS . 1972 154 lo boy

evielboweviel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43130
eBay ID: evilboweviel

Postby evielboweviel » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:42 pm

you have a couple of different problems.
1.-you need to fix that leak as it will cause you problems when you get the main problem worked out.
2.- not certain about your main problem however it is looking like a tearddown of the pump and resivour may have to be done to find the problem.
3.- you could try undoing all of the hydraulic changes and see if the tracotr works ok then
Good luck
Ron

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:20 pm

Brian, your desciption of the engine emediatly shutting down sounds like maybe a your not plumbed right possibly with a dead ended pump or serious restriction.

I have the fitting you need to return your fluid into the touch control. I think Earl must be the only guy in the country making this fitting. PM for purchase details if you like.

brian kov
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby brian kov » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:59 pm

i had the supply hose in the returnn line position on the hyd. manifold ,, never do that , thats what caused the noise now i have BIG problems . it caused the hyd. pump shaft to snap and the gear that comes off the front of the motor has about 4 inches worth of teeth ground down and missing completely . now i guess the whole front of the motor needs taken apart to replace that gear and pull the oil pand to remove all of the debris and get a new shaft for the pump or replace the whole pump . i really did not need this but then again how much do we ever need this stuff to happen , i was putting this loader on to try and take a lil slack left by the bobcat from last week i think it spun a rod bearing and now that needs fixed also . in the middle of trying to get my barn built in time for my wedding reception on aug 26 , :x :x the picture in the manual makes it out to look like the supply hose goes on the bottom line hook up but it deffinately goes on the top hook up .i guess it caused a lot of back pressure on the pump and caused it to stop and strip those gears :oops:

Dale51
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dale51 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:04 pm

Sorry to hear what happened.
But it is repairable though might be pricey and time consuming.
If it's been broken I did it.
If its not broken wait till I touch it.

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bus Driver » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:12 pm

After the broken parts are replaced, change the engine oil and filter. Then do the change again soon thereafter.
Luck favors those who are prepared

brian kov
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby brian kov » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:47 pm

will do that , thanx for the tip bus driver :)

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:35 pm

Brian:

Real sorry to hear that.. bad luck..

But as my better half always says: When ya get lemons, make lemonade :!: :wink: :lol:

Take pics as you go if you can. This sounds like an excellent winter project to document.. and you will certainly help others from making the same boo boo...

Again, I feel for ya.. truly do :(
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Postby allenlook » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:12 am

Sorry to hear that Brian - I was worried from your original post that's what it was :(
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:33 am

Brian,

Pictures:
photos and diagrams......have a way of doing that to you.....

The best advice an uncle ever gave me was to think of hydraulics not as plumbing, but as wiring. The fluid being the electricity.....it needs a circuit to complete, with a cylinder sometimes acting as a battery(more appropriately a capacitor) to store it, it still needs to be able to complete its circuit eventually.

When a hydraulic system starts getting a little complex, thinking of it in that way helps sort it all out mentally.

I'm sorry this happened, but working from diagrams and photos can do that to anyone......so don't beat yourself up over it.

--Tom

brian kov
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby brian kov » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:09 am

just got back from picking up the parts to fix the mess , now i just have to get it ripped apart and put back together :wink:

rondellh
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rondellh » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:33 am

Brian,
I would still remove the oil pan and clean it out. Also I would flush some solvent down through the front cover to wash any contaminants out.
The Cub engine uses a bypass filtration method so foreign material could still make it to your bearings if it were pulled up into the oil pump pick up and got past the screen.

Rondell

Return to “Farmall Cub”