This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Speedy Sleeve Installer

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Speedy Sleeve Installer

Postby WKPoor » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:44 pm

Well ever since Cub Fest I've been thinkin theres another tool needed for the pully job. Actually I've known about the need ever since I pulled my first pulley, I just procrastinated doing anything about it. At CubFest I saw there was a real need in the field. Just about anyone one replacing the front seal will be installing the speedy sleeve as the new seal is sized for it whether your pulley is worn or not. So here it is. And it worked great. Just a light tap with a plastic hammer and it was fully seated with no distortion. This will be an accessory to the puller tool.

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Don McCombs » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:00 pm

Looks good, Bill.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:02 pm

Bill:

Pricing??? Looks like a neat rig :!:

Question... and this may sound a little stooopid.. but .... :? :? :?
    1. What is a Speedy Sleeve :?:
    2. Why is a Speedy Sleeve needed :?:
    3. Where do you get a Speedy Sleeve :?:
    4. Which part does the Speedy Sleeve apply to :?: As in Part Number :?:
    5. Which part does the seal replace :?:

As I said, it may sound a little dumb.. but seeing as I haven't gotten around to pulling Jethro's pulley yet :shock: :? :roll: [I know.. what is taking me so long.. :?: :?: :?: :arrow: I gotta figure out how to take off the clutch or mount the engine to an engine stand.... told y'all I am mechanically challenged :roll: :roll: :lol:], I am not sure of all that is involved.

However, the Pulley Puller is really nice and I am looking forward to trying it out.. I am shopping for a toaster oven to heat up the pulley for the re-install as well... so another accessory might be a nice birthday present.. seeing as it is coming up again soon... :!: :arrow: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:11 pm

Rudi, the sleeve goes over the fan pulley to make a smooth surface for a pulley that has been grooved by the front seal. It's very thin and easy to crimp while installing. Looks like Bill has come up with good tool for installing it. 8) The top photo has one installed.

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:14 pm

Rudi, as follows:
The speedy sleeve is a quick fix for a worn seal surface on the fan pulley such as is almost always the case with the Cub leaking oil out the front seal.
If you buy a seal at CaseIH it will come as a kit in a blister pak with the seal and ring. The ring must be used as the new seal diameter is larger to except the larger sleeve dia.
I don't have P/N's handy right now but I'm sure any dealer will know. This has got to be the most replaced seal in the tractor, hence the reason for the pulley puller tool in the first place.
The pulley pictured was worn terribly where the seal rode. It was leaking as bad as Petes' tractor was at CubFest. With the speedy sleeve you won't need to replace the fan pulley.
Pricing isn't available yet as time and materials haven't been established. Earl said first thing Monday he will fire up the line for this tool.

There just doesn't seem to be an end to things to help maintain the Cub

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:19 pm

Harold and Bill:

Thanks for clearing that up. I sort of thought that was the SEAL we have all been talking about.. but wanted to make sure. I try to ensure that I no longer Assume anything.

And you know I am going to want one of them thar installers huh :roll: :!: :arrow: :lol: :lol:

Ain't that the truth :?: :!: :?: :arrow: :idea: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure would be nice if we could figure out how to make the rest of those specialty FES tools for Cub's that the BRSM's are always telling us IH Technicians :roll: :wink: :lol: to use.... :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

kylev
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby kylev » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:40 pm

WKPoor wrote:Rudi, as follows:
The speedy sleeve is a quick fix for a worn seal surface on the fan pulley such as is almost always the case with the Cub leaking oil out the front seal.
If you buy a seal at CaseIH it will come as a kit in a blister pak with the seal and ring. The ring must be used as the new seal diameter is larger to except the larger sleeve dia.
I don't have P/N's handy right now but I'm sure any dealer will know. This has got to be the most replaced seal in the tractor, hence the reason for the pulley puller tool in the first place.
The pulley pictured was worn terribly where the seal rode. It was leaking as bad as Petes' tractor was at CubFest. With the speedy sleeve you won't need to replace the fan pulley.
Pricing isn't available yet as time and materials haven't been established. Earl said first thing Monday he will fire up the line for this tool.

When I changed my seal I got it from IH and it came with just the seal and not the sleeve. My pulley didnt look to be worn at all where the old seal rubbed. I have just installed the pulley back on with the new seal. Should I go back and pull it again and install a sleeve? :(
Down here in cajun country!
Breaux Bridge, La
http://photobucket.com/albums/y235/kylev/Tractor/
1951 Cub Serial #1221xx

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:17 pm

Not if it doesn't leak. Most pulleys will prbably have a noticeable groove were the seal rode and that is why they leak. My dealer sells the seal with the sleeve standard. But if yours didn't and you have no leak then I say good-to-go.

Return to “Farmall Cub”