This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fan Shroud

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bob Grieb
10+ Years
10+ Years

Fan Shroud

Postby Bob Grieb » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:25 am

I have a 1947 Cub and I am starting to reassemble it. I have had it for a year and just noticed that it does not have a fan shroud.

Should it have a shroud? Was it an option.

Thanks

Bob

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

brian kov
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby brian kov » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:33 am

yes it should have a fan schroud , my 55 also didnt have a schroud when i got it ,i did buy one but havent put it on yet .right after i bought one someone started making them . i paid alot for mine you should be a lil luckier on price . 8)
1955 intrnational lo-boy w/ fasthitch, 1960 farmall cub w/fathitch .fasthitch moleboard ,disk,carryall rotovator,54a blade,I.H. 1ooo loader , Syms all wheather cab. PROUD MEMBER OF THE 500 CLUB LO-BOY THAT IS . 1972 154 lo boy

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Fan Shroud

Postby George Willer » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:42 am

Bob Grieb wrote:I have a 1947 Cub and I am starting to reassemble it. I have had it for a year and just noticed that it does not have a fan shroud.

Should it have a shroud? Was it an option.

Thanks

Bob

Bob,

It should have a shroud as originally equipped. Many are missing because someone found cutting them and throwing them away is easier than figuring out the procedure to change belts. They can be a challenge if you don't know how to do it.

Four of my Cubs have the shrouds missing without ill effects, but their cooling systems are clean and they don't have to work very hard. A hard working Cub, especially in SoCal should have one. :D
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Bob Grieb
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bob Grieb » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:52 am

Hi George

I have cleaned the entire cooling system and I do not intend to "work" the Cub. Maybe a parade or a short ride at a the antique engine museum I belong too. Maybe I can get by without one.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Bob

denton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24550
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Cub
1951 Farmall Cub
1951 Ford 8N
1953 Allis CA (not running)
1996 Kubota M4700

Postby denton » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:07 pm

With the shroud on, a great deal more air is moved through the radiator. If you run two side by side you can tell the difference. I have never been able to overheat my cub with a clean radiator with or without the shroud while mowing in the middle of summer but that might just be luck. They are expensive.

Bob Grieb
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bob Grieb » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:50 pm

Most likely I will not put one on unless I get a great deal on one. I will not put more that 10 hours a year on the engine.. I am just restoring it for the fun I am having and the nice folks I have met.

Thanks

Bob

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:15 pm

Besides there cooling aspects the schroud is a great safety feature. dont want those little kiddies at the parades sticking there hands in that area while you are looking the other way. Also I think they add style and look good filling that void. :P
Then came Bronson

IH48
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43522

Postby IH48 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:00 pm

Have 2 48 Cubs, one 5 ft. belley mower, one sic. bar. no shrouds, no heating up last 17 years.But did do head light wire on one sideof one.

Return to “Farmall Cub”