This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:34 pm

Miles round trip, door to door. Worth every mile on this tired old butt :lol: :lol: Was great to finally meet the old frineds I've known for a few years.
THANK YOU, GENE
8)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Re: 2,383.2

Postby johnbron » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:53 pm

Donny M wrote:Miles round trip, door to door. Worth every mile on this tired old butt :lol: :lol: Was great to finally meet the old frineds I've known for a few years.
THANK YOU, GENE
8)

:?: Ya`means to say you did not even have one of those far-away tower Jobs to fix close to your Cub Fest attendance. :?:
Then came Bronson

sviennadan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby sviennadan » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:54 pm

Dang!! :shock: I forgot you were from down Texas way! That is a long haul, almost as long as Arizona Mike, last year. :D Sure was glad to meet you Donny!
All this proves is that one gnome pounding on the keyboard for years still will not produce the works of Shakespeare.
No animals were hurt in the rending of this page, but 18 queries were mangled in about 3.874 seconds.

Carm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21234
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCub 1948 FCub (FrankenCub), 1949 C, 1952 SA, 1963 IH 3414 Backhoe Diesel, 1960 Oliver 880 Diesel, 1945 Mack EF Fire Truck
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Carm » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:12 am

Whew, thats a thousand more thann me! Good to see you again Donny!

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076

Postby Peter Person » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:17 pm

1454 miles round trip
$500 for gas for the R.V.
$25 for gas for the Cub
$35 for the Campground on the way to CubFest
$190 for the trailer rental to haul the Cub
$150 for food & misc.

CubFest Experience, People Met, Time Spent: :D :D :D :D
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

kinelbor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04762

Postby kinelbor » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:14 pm

Don't even ask what it cost for me to fly out there, I dont even want to know. :shock: Lets just say, I think I have the best mom ever. It was worth every bit of it to meet the people I only knew through the computer 8)

Thanks again everyone.
Nik - 1948 Farmall Cub

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:51 pm

Since it wasn't my money or time.... I can sure say it was WELL SPENT cause I got to visit with ya'll.

I could be all embarrased to say my flight was free (if you discount the fact that I could only come back on Monday, so I had to take a non-existant vacation day) because I collected enough frequent flier miles.

I would even be a little red in the face to say I was 'clever' enough to combine the trip with a visit to the closest dealer to my house (1 1/2 miles from the airport) and scammed by with getting my 'free' gas tank replacement instead of paying to park..... but they claim I need a fuel pump ($368) and I still don't have it back yet. Not too enthused about my first foreign vehicle.

I will say that renting a car through AAA online was a sweet deal.... $60.41 for the whole weekend (sorry Nik and uncle Larry.... but sometimes it does pay to shop around)
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:57 pm

BW - when we flew to the Texas Tumble we rented our car thru the AAA website and had it set up for a rate of $29 per day - unlimited mileage. When we reached the rental desk they charged me $79 a day. I complained but made no headway. When I got home I e-mailed AAA and asked them why the rate was not honored. Within 4 hours they refunded my money. The best part was they had no mid-sized cars like what I reserved and upgraded to a nice Chrysler Pacifica SUV to drive.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:12 pm

BD, I reserved the cheapest they had online and it was $15.30 a day, with a few fees added in it was $17 from Hertz. I never take the insurance (gotta watch what credit card you use to get the right 'free' coverage) or any of the other very expensive add ons. Got a pretty nice Subaru Forester wagon. It was unlimited mileage too. I used to have a rental car every day for several years way back and I was real suprised how cheap it was. We got a corporate rate and it was in the neighborhood of $25 a day back then. The big difference is it needs to be whatever they call the 'weekend'.

A useful tip is reserve cheap and ask nicely for something different at the counter.... like 'hey I can't drive a foreign car working for an American company' or 'I am BigDog, you expect me to drive that rollerskate with license plates??' you will often get a bigger car at the same rate.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:43 pm

Peter wrote:
1454 miles round trip
$500 for gas for the R.V.
$25 for gas for the Cub
$35 for the Campground on the way to CubFest
$190 for the trailer rental to haul the Cub
$150 for food & misc.

The enjoyment experienced by your boys is worth every penny :!:
8)

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:13 am

I did not check the exact mileage coming or going.....nor did I keep track of the costs.....

I had a nightstand drawer in the camper full of cash when we left, and it was nearly empty when we got home. I had my MAC card, if the drawer got empty. I had a camper full of food and beverages.....enough for two trips, really.

There is no way to put a value on the time I spent with all of you. No price would have been too high, in my eyes.

The only thing I begrudgingly paid for was the two packs of 1157 bulbs that I kept on blowing both ways.....The camper seems to eat those like crazy in the rain. Seemed like every time I stopped I had a bulb out.

Saturday afternoon, and Sunday morning seemed to pass like mere seconds to me. I wish there had been more time with all of you.

An hour on I-80 seemed to pass like a month, by comparasin.

The conversations I had at DeGraff are still playing in my mind. I know it's just the process of mid-term memory being converted to long-term, but for now, I'm enjoying the show.

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076

Postby Peter Person » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:11 am

Donny,
That was the intention of my post, kinda like the Mastercard or Visa commercials of late.
Bottom line - the time spent traveling to and from CubFest with my boys and the time there with "y'all" - PRICELESS.
Erik went around Monday morning getting as many 'autographs' as he could on an X-Large CubFest 2006 T-Shirt we bought. They'll be talking about this trip for years to come.
Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

Return to “Farmall Cub”