This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

A request for the next CubFest

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:35 pm

Make it easy...my handle is my name :lol: I think Mr. GW's is too :lol: :lol:
8)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:00 pm

Donny M wrote:Make it easy...my handle is my name :lol: I think Mr. GW's is too :lol: :lol:
8)

Yes, I use my real name from a real address and don't hide from anyone. Anyone who really wants to know can find my real address in a few seconds and find my real email address and phone number just as easily. I've made quite a few good friends by not hiding. Spam and junk mail have never been much of a problem.

I can't see well enough to easily read name tags, but most people introduce themselves to me. :D

Fear makes folks do strange things. :(
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:13 pm

I never understood the need for usernames... I kind like the name my mom and dad gave me.. even if I am not fond of the full version.... especially thanks to Roy Acuff I think it was.....

And yup.. I have no fear about email addresses.. I use a spam filter.. so I don't see it... I like having email from friends and I like getting notification of a new post on farmallcub.com. I like the idea of what I used to do for a living being out there.. I like the idea that I can admit to being as I like to say "independantly poor and no longer having to work for a living" or just plain old "retired".. I like the fact that I can put my hobbies and interests in my profile and that I can add my MSN or Yahoo IM to it..

You would be surprised at who will pop up and chat.. and it is a lot of fun.. I enjoy it.

I like the idea that people know where I live... that way... when they are in the neighbourhood, they pop in.. and George.. you know who has visited from your neck of the woods, and how enjoyable that was for Em and I... wouldn't trade that kind of friendship for all the privacy or money in the world..

I also don't mind having my phone number out there.. it is amazing who will call and really just make my day.... y'all know who you are :!: :arrow: :D :D :D again 8) very very 8) :!:

And I like the fact that when one ends up going through a very traumatic period, that one's friends are there to support him and his family with no questions, no agenda's -- just pure friendship and compassion..

There is no beating that... and YOU ALL KNOW what I mean :!: :D :D I still get terribly choked up about that.. and I still have all of those emails and posts that Gord printed out and brought to me in St. John :arrow: absolutely outstanding. :!: :shock: :D :D :D :D :!:

I figured it out.. I guess I like the skin I am in, and I like the company that I keep... I like family and I like my farmallcub family a lot..

Donny, you know what I mean too buddy :!: :arrow: 8) very, very 8)

So, when it comes to meeting you all for the very first time in person.. I may get a little emotional.. but you can count on it.. out goes that hand.. and don't be surprised ifn y'all get a humongeous hug from both Em and I...
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Leadfoot
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Leadfoot » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:43 pm

George Willer wrote:
Donny M wrote:Make it easy...my handle is my name :lol: I think Mr. GW's is too :lol: :lol:
8)

Yes, I use my real name from a real address and don't hide from anyone. Anyone who really wants to know can find my real address in a few seconds and find my real email address and phone number just as easily. I've made quite a few good friends by not hiding. Spam and junk mail have never been much of a problem.

I can't see well enough to easily read name tags, but most people introduce themselves to me. :D

Fear makes folks do strange things. :(

Amazing...I make a polite request for name tags, and somehow I am hiding, and am living in fear :censored: :x :x

I assure you Mr. Willer, the next time I see you, we will meet!

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685

Postby Lurker Carl » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:34 pm

Fear not, Leadfoot. We're already looking into easy, inexpensive solutions for name tags.

I have enough trouble keeping faces and names straight, adding on-line names plus real names, I can't keep them all straight when I meet folks in person!
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:54 pm

In the immortal words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?". :) :) :)
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Redman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Redman » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:09 pm

:?:
Last edited by Redman on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:18 pm

Rick:

With ideas like that, I am sure CubFest 2007 is going to be awesome :!:

Excellent Idea and one I am sure will please.... whoda thunk it :idea: :?: :!: :arrow: :wink: :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:30 pm

Leadfoot....

Calm down, friend..... I saw you pull in, and then pull out before I ever had chance to introduce myself......some of us are just slow, mind you....

I was in my camper (alongside Gene's driveway) having lunch when you pulled in, and it seemed you were gone by the time I was done. I saw your red van pull in, then move, park, then pull off, all in what seemed like a very short amount of time. I spent 2 whole days getting there to arrive about the same time you did.

There were a handful of guys whom I would have given my life for before I even met them. When I left on Sunday, there were two handfuls.

Fellowship takes time. It sounds like you just didn't have enough.

As far as your online identity goes.......I chose a very descriptive one, and folks were walking up to me saying "you must be 400lbsonacubseatspring because no one else here looks like they meet that qualification"......

Those folks whose pictures I've seen online, I walked up and shook their hands.

But remember, too, that I am a sociophobe, and these situations are most difficult for me. It is a tribute to this great group of guys and their womenfolk that they were able to make someone like me feel comfortable in a matter of minutes. Of course, I never felt like I was walking into a group of strangers. It was more like walking into a masquerade party, where the fun was figuring out which friend was which.

I am sure Redman and his family will remedy the nametag business, if everyone thinks that will help.

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:47 pm

Tom wrote:
As far as your online identity goes.......I chose a very descriptive one, and folks were walking up to me saying "you must be 400lbsonacubseatspring because no one else here looks like they meet that qualification"......

Tom,
Your handle may be indicative but your avatar is not, after meeting you I was thinking Steven Seagal would be better fitting than Jaba.
8)

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:56 pm

Tons of good points here in this sorta pointless goings on.
Tom (and of course everyone else) it sure has been the high point of this year to finally meet you. Since the clock just keeps on rolling there just isn't enough time in the weekend to get the best quality visit with everyone. So even a short visit is one to be cherished! With that many people there it an almost impossible task to meet them all. I had an advantage because the only return flight I could get was Monday, so I got some extra time with the Dotson boys, especially Gene.

You could search the world and be hard pressed to find a finer, more friendly bunch of people. I don't remember who it was that saw Colin looking like he felt a bit out of place, grab his arm and introduce him to everyone around. Even his mom seemed quite comfortable after a real short time and she was glad she came.

By the way, I had the BUZZARD shirt on, sorry I missed ya.

As for the handle business.... I always use buzzard wing, cause it is never taken. When I signed up for farmallcub.com I had just bought the yeller Cub, Rufus, and never in a million years would I have thought I was registering on the best corner of the internet with such an excellent cast of 'characters'. I am honored (honoured for Rudi, Mac and Gordon) to be counted among you. And truly blessed to have a chance to meet so many of you.

Larry (BUZZARD WING!)
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

(CUB HUT)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47401

Postby (CUB HUT) » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:08 pm

As far as name tags go I had mine on all weekend and people still asked who are you :?: So stick out your hand and say HI

THE OLDER I GET ---THE BETTER I WAS

If you can read this... thank a teacher... if you are reading it in English....THANK A VET !!!

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:30 pm

Well, Dave.....

You're so gosh darn tall, that I'd have to turn my bifocals upside down to read your hat!!!!!!!!

Honestly, the only time I got to read the hat was when you were sitting down on the back of one of George's implements, when we were hanging out shooting the $#!t Saturday night....you were down to eye level, and I caught it with my glasses.......

There aren't many men I have to look up to in this world, but there is you, and Donny, and Video Doc, and sviennadan.................ok...there are a few, but not around here......... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:33 pm

Ahhh guys.... now we are getting somewhere... back where we all belong..

Welcome Back... Welcome Back, Welcome Back.. anybody seen Gabe :?: :?: :!: :arrow: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Gee, I feel like I just entered a time warp and welcome back Kotter is on the tube...... :arrow: :roll: :lol:

Return to “Farmall Cub”