This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Justification for Purchasing A Cub or anything you Want

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
stepnout
10+ Years
10+ Years

Justification for Purchasing A Cub or anything you Want

Postby stepnout » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:41 pm

The best way to justify anything you want (I have used this many times) is just amortize it. Lets think out of the box. I don't SMOKE so lets say if I did smoke that would likely be $5-$10 Canadian every day that I would spend on smokes. Now that could be as much as $1825-$3650 per year for smokes BUT seeing I don't Smoke I have proven now I can afford a nice Cub.
Now, one should not limit oneself to Cub tractors. I have used this same calculation to supply myself with 2 new Browning Citori shotguns and of coarse you can't forget the new drills,grinders,12" Dewalt compund miter saw etc. etc.
I don't like Big Macs thats $3 per day, I don't like beer there's another $10-$40 per week. I have so much money now I don't know where to spend it.
I must add I stole this Idea from a great outdoor writer Mr.Steve Smith he is my hero he has purchsed many a good shotgun and bird dog with this very same method.
Thanks Guys
Wayne from New Brunswick, Canada
A good Bird Dog Is like a good Wife Hard to find, I'm Lucky I've found Both!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:07 pm

I like the way you and Mr. Smith think.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:53 pm

Wayne:

You have a valid point. I used to smoke.. A LOT !!! :!: That was up until the night of my heart attack in November of 2004. I smoked for 40 years... an average of 2 packs a day, (25 butt count.. not the 20 count in a small or a soft side in the US), at up to $8.00 + a pack plus taxes.. which brought it up to almost 10 bucks.. or so and some weeks up to 3 and sometimes 4 (not too often though).. so it got expensive. Now I have a lot more money and my honey is a lot happier.. so is my heart and my lungs.. :arrow: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Now Em doesn't say too much about the stuff I buy.. cause it is still tons cheaper. My buddy Roger.. he has the Pony... quit smoking and his wife said if you can keep off the butts for 4 months you can buy an ATV.. and if you quit forever, you can keep the ATV... he now owns a really nice ATV.. had it 3 years now.. and he won't go back to smoking either...

It certainly is a good way to pay for an addiction of another form..

As for Beer.. well I kinda disagree... I am allowed 2 per week, so being a Beer Snob as I am.. I only buy the ones I like.. such as

Image Grolsch Canada and Image A Marca Bavaria, I am surprised that Molson is importing this, but it is great :!: :arrow: :D
and of course Image DAB, which will do when I cannot get my absolute favourite beer of all time.. Image Alpirsbacher Klosterbräu :!: :!: Unfortunately, the only place I have ever been able to get it is in Germany.. in the 5 litre kegs... darn :!: :arrow: :roll: :wink: :lol: Guess I gotta go back huh :?: :?: :idea: :D :lol:

Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:11 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:I like the way you and Mr. Smith think.

John:

I just knew you would pop in on that line...... Red Green... but remember Steve is now single and has been for a while.... :roll: :oops: :roll: :(
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

stepnout
10+ Years
10+ Years

Humour

Postby stepnout » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:07 am

I'm really glad you guys see the Humour in this post. LOL
Wayne

stepnout
10+ Years
10+ Years

Serious Jstification

Postby stepnout » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:22 am

Yes Sir just justified the purchase of 2 beutiful Tourge wrenchs from the Canadian Tire store one 1/2" the other 3/8 I got them just 3 miniutes before the sale ended. picked up both for $145 taxes in. A man needs the right tools to work on his Cub. LOL
Justification I don't like Sweet potatoes so I have saved enough money from not buying sweet potatoes to make this purchase!
Wayne

Psycho
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Psycho » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:29 am

Rudi,
[/img]http://i1.ebayimg.com/04/i/07/09/b0/92_2.JPG[img]

Don't know why that didn't work? Oh well :?
"If at first it doesn't move, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway."
1948 Cub, 1957 Cub

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:54 am

The / sign should be in the second [img] statement, not the first one.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:35 pm

I like that one :!: :shock: 8) :D :lol:

But I ain't touchin it with a 20 foot pole :roll: :oops: :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:49 pm

Rudi wrote: but remember Steve is now single and has been for a while.
this is bad??

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:33 pm

Rudi, "A moderate use of beer will aid digestion, quicken the powers of life and give elasticity to the body and mind."
-- United States Department of Agriculture, 1866

I consider a good wheat beer (like Shiner Hefeweisen) as " medical beer". Its good for you...in moderation like everything else. :wink:
"The time you spend making sure you are safe is probably the most productive time you can spend!"
George Willer

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:38 am

Mike:

I agree with you... whole heartedly :!:

When my Dad got zapped, back in 64, his doctor/surgeon was adamant about nutrition for him even back then. He insisted as soon as he could hold any liquid down, that he have at least 2 bottles of beer a day. He ensured that Dad got his beer even during the next 6 months he stayed in hospital. He wasn't supposed to live.. but I believe that Dobby's adamant nutritional advice helped keep him alive until '96... he made 65.. which was a real miracle. However, it had to be a natural and not a chemical beer.. he even laid the rule down on that.. and in Northern Ontario we had a Bavarian braumeister -- Konnie Fritz was his name.. and he was the brew master at Doran's Brewery in Timmins.. he brewed using the Reinheitsgebot or the Bavarian Purity Law of 1516. Doran's Lager was pretty good stuff back then.. don't know much about it anymore though.

I still stick with that rule of thumb, although my doctors say 2 per week.. but let me get away with a bit more now, as long as it is good healthy beer. I love a weizenbier.. they are nice.. smooth and good fer what ails ya..

They are hard to come by.. but our NBLS now stocks the same weizenbier that I used to imbibe in the Schwarzwald back in the early 80's.. so I get that occassionally. Makes for a nice light snack... :!: :idea: :arrow: :wink: :D :D and is better for you than a Coffee Crisp :lol: :lol:

As in all things moderation is the key.. and the last few years has taught me that in spades...... :!: :shock: 8)

Return to “Farmall Cub”