This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Light Switch

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bob Grieb
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bob Grieb » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:22 pm

Rudi

Thanks for the benifit of all the research. Based on the information you provided and the belief that I have a cutout and not a voltage regulator it would seem that I need a four position switch.

Donny Millar sent me a schematic a few days back for the 47 Cub and based on what I see in the pictures Rudi sent I think it too showed a 4 position switch.

Thanks to all of you.

Bob

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:56 am

I forgot earlier, a cut out has 3 termanils, (normally only 2 used), and a regulator has 4 terminals, and may use all 4, or only 3
Last edited by John *.?-!.* cub owner on Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:54 pm

John:

Thanks for that tidbit :!: :idea: 8) 8) I was a little leary of saying that cause I wasn't 100% sure... and I did not want to muddy the waters.. cut-out 3 terminals, regulator 4 terminals.. I hope I don't forget :arrow: :!: :roll: :? :lol: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

stepnout
10+ Years
10+ Years

Switch knob

Postby stepnout » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:01 pm

I have a switch but not the knob is it possiable to just purchase the knob?
Wayne
A good Bird Dog Is like a good Wife Hard to find, I'm Lucky I've found Both!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:38 pm

Wayne:

Actually yup.. you can:

I was just looking at my Steiner Catalog.. and you can see it at Steiner Tractor and order one. Once they send you a copy... well you are on the list for EVER :!: :arrow: :wink: :lol: which is kinda good... even just for curiosity sake..

Here is their offering.. IHS579 replaces #57313D Price $8.50US plus shipping and handling.

Call David, they may have one hanging around and you might get it cheaper... and it would be original to boot.

JP Tractor Salvage does not list a switch knob on their Parts list so you might have to call to find out if they have one available. TM Tractor is closed until June 26th, and their used parts listing is down until they return... and they do not have a listing in the new parts list.. and you will have to give Ralph an email at Ralphs Cubs, but he is at CubFest so he probably won't be home until Monday I guess.

Also checked my favourite searches on eBay and came up with this:
Image Image
ORIGINAL FARMALL CUB LIGHT SWITCH
and it is a 4 Position Switch. So far only 6 bucks.. so a good deal considering Steiner wants $8.50 :!: 8)
Last edited by Rudi on Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

stepnout
10+ Years
10+ Years

Thanks again Rudi

Postby stepnout » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:51 pm

Thats Great; I am just geting started making a list and checking twice so to speak. I am going to Chowns in the morning.
Wayne

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:01 pm

Wayne:

Let me know what you find out. Oh, btw..when I was out visiting David and Alton, I found out that they still had a few of the original reproduction hand cranks I had Richard make for me for CubFest 2004. I think he still has one or two.. but not sure... you might want to check. They are perfect, carbon copies of the original on Ellie-Mae.. that came new with her in 1948..

:lol: :D enjoy poking around.. but be fore warned.. the McCormick 100 Manure Spreader you are gonna see is already sold and waiting for me to come pick it up :!: :arrow: :wink: :D :D that is going to be a long term reconstruction project for me...

Have tons of fun.. we were there yesterday and I enjoyed it immensely..even though I only got to stay 10 minutes... Kristina was chomping at the bit to get home after being poked and prodded at SJRH... and a tad bit sore I imagine.

stepnout
10+ Years
10+ Years

Hand Crank

Postby stepnout » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:16 am

I still have the original Hand Crank. I will be picking up the Choke Rod and ordering an original back light, David says he has one comimg for me. I am going to see if he has a 1st and reverse gear as well mine are noisey. I don't know if I should purchase these? I haven't looked inside the transmission yet but as my first post would suggest everyone thinks it is likely the gears.
wayne

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:03 am

Wayne:

Give me a call if you can before you get to Chown's