This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Governor adjustment questions

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ldj1002
10+ Years
10+ Years

Governor adjustment questions

Postby ldj1002 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:31 pm

I have read the archives on adjusting the governor and I still have questions.
I read all linkage needs to be free and mine is. I also read that when the throttle lever is straight up and aligned with post, the linkage should just be beginning to pull spring on top of governor, mine is. I also read that the rock shaft that goes from the left of the tractor to the right and into the governor shouldn't have any play and if it does to loc tite the key. Mine has a little play but the key in the shaft it tight, no play. It says to adjust the throttle linkage to put the throttle lever in the wide open position. Mine won't go wide open. It only goes forward to the 4th notch from full open. I can push it to the third but the pressure pushes it back to the forth. Would that be wide open?. In that position, when I open the throttle on the carb, the clevis is too far forward to line up in the rock shaft pin hole. If I shorten the clevis, it is going to be almost all the adjustment taken up.I haven't shortened it yet, I want to find out about the little play in the rock shaft and the throttle lever not going all the way forward. The archives says the adjustment on top of the governor usually doesn't need fooled with. What is it for?. Someone has put a small spring between the rockshaft/throttle linkage and grill. What would anyone been trying to do? This spring isn't strong and it pulls the carb throttle toward idle. Any other tips appreciated.
L.D.