This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Drawbar

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bob Roraback
10+ Years
10+ Years

Drawbar

Postby Bob Roraback » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:31 am

I need help with how to mount the drawbar and the #22 mower at the same time. I dont understand what to use for a spacer as the bolts for the mower are up and down and the drawbar mounts with the front and back bolts. Gitractorman posted pictures of his recently finished mower recently and it showed both being mounted. I cant seem to find the right combination. Thanks for any help. Bob

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:13 am

Bob - I mount my C-22 mower with the drawbar in place. The mower mounts right over the drawbar plate. I believe the bottom bolt goes through the mower bracket and drawbar bracket. The top bolt goes above the drawbar bracket. You can cut a spacer from a section of pipe but I think (if I recall correctly) I just tighten the top bolt to draw the mower bracket tight against the drawbar bracket. The spacer only needs to be the thickness of the drawbar bracket.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Bob Roraback
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bob Roraback » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:12 am

Thanks BD I will try it that way. I think that I have an old heavy washer from something that will work as a spacer. Bob

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Rick Prentice » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:24 am

Hi Bob. I sent you a PM yesterday morning with a pic, but you haven't opened it yet :D
The original spacer was just flatstock about 1 1/2"x1 1/2" x 3/8"thick with a 5/8" hole
I enlarged the pic so you can barely make-out the set-up.

Rick

When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Bob Roraback
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bob Roraback » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:22 pm

Thanks Billie, That is exactly whay I needed to see, Big help. Bob