This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

clutch problems help please

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
AlanPCUBS
10+ Years
10+ Years

clutch problems help please

Postby AlanPCUBS » Sun May 28, 2006 8:57 am

Hey fellas I did some searching but did not find the answer to my questions. I am working on my 2nd 49cub. It grinds going into gear so I adjusted the clutch pedal to a 1" of free travel. now it still grinds and clutch does not grab until the my foot is almost off the pedal. So I thought well I need to adjust the clutch fingers but when I got underneith the tractor and looked up in there I see no adjusting screws as described for adjusting. I know there wer two diff. clutchs used so must have the other. So my question is there a way to adjust these or am I looking at a new clutch? Once again TY for your help Alan

AlanPCUBS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby AlanPCUBS » Sun May 28, 2006 9:16 am

Ok fellas its deff. the auburn clutch only three springs on the preasure plate instead of six on the rockford clutch. so can these be adjusted?
TY Alan

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun May 28, 2006 3:06 pm

The Auburn clutch adjustmenrs are on the outer ends of the figners, somewhat under the fingers. actually easier to get to than Rockford. Unfotunately, all the Auburn clutches I ahve come across have needed replacement, the 3 springs seem to bfatigue worse than the 6 spring rockfords.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Clutch

Postby Boss Hog » Mon May 29, 2006 10:58 am

are you idling it down before you try to ingauge the gears
David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

AlanPCUBS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby AlanPCUBS » Mon May 29, 2006 9:17 pm

yes the tractor is idled down when i try and shift.

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

clutch

Postby Boss Hog » Mon May 29, 2006 10:35 pm

maybe the bushing in crank and transmission main shaft are holding some [ if tractor has been sitting for a while] i got a 48 that was doing like that [ had been sitting] pulled it down to put in new clutch and found the shaft had galded to bushing but that it a odd thing to happen. :?:
David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg