This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hydraulic pump rebuild

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
denton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24550
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Cub
1951 Farmall Cub
1951 Ford 8N
1953 Allis CA (not running)
1996 Kubota M4700

Hydraulic pump rebuild

Postby denton » Sun May 28, 2006 8:24 am

Rebuilding the hydrauilc pump. Easy as pie right. Ha. I have never had a woodruff key that I could not get out. I believe someone used locktite on this thing. I have spent at least two hours on it. I used a dremel tool and cut back the key to about2-3 thou from the sides of the shaft. Starting to peel it away but it still will not come. This particular cub is fighting me every step of the way. I hope it is as tough when I get done as while I worked on her.

Steve Ruddy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Steve Ruddy » Sun May 28, 2006 10:59 am

I just finished mine. I have the early model. It didn't have a key, but I broke the piston shaft trying to hammer it out. I thought it would be a relatively easy job however the repair manuals illustrations are for the later model so my only refeerence was the parts manual who's illustrations aren't the most legible. As a result I almost put it back together with missing parts. My wife came up to me and said "Hey honey I found these parts in the gravel do you need them?" :shock: I put it on yesterday and all is well :D Thanks to Toni
Steve Ruddy
Guerneville CA

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun May 28, 2006 3:03 pm

I guess it's a little late now Denton, but when I ran into the same provlem on mine, I finaly took it ot a machine shop and watched him fight the key for about 15 minutes, at which point he welded a small nut ot it, and it came right out.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

denton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24550
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Cub
1951 Farmall Cub
1951 Ford 8N
1953 Allis CA (not running)
1996 Kubota M4700

Postby denton » Sun May 28, 2006 7:35 pm

now that's a good idea. yes too late now. good idea though.

bobburke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07419

Postby bobburke » Mon May 29, 2006 7:12 am

At least you saw the key before trying to remove the pump housing. Mine began to leak during the snow plow season and while working in a cold poorly lit barn I drove them apart and took a large chip out of the housing. That was 3 years ago and the unit still does not leak. When one comes up on E-bay for a decent $ I will replace it.
Someday I will slow down to smell the roses or at least look at the manuals first.