This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Correct Font for IH

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
lloyd430
10+ Years
10+ Years

Correct Font for IH

Postby lloyd430 » Thu May 25, 2006 2:40 pm

Hey guys I'm trying a little experiment and trying to make the hood decals for my '47 cub- here is the question for ya- does anyone know the font that best matches IH. I have all the measurements for the sizes of the letters, spacing, etc, but I need to find the font to match the original- has any one found the yet?? I can come close but the IH letters are fatter! Hint we are getting trained on a vinyl cutter at work, and thins would be too cool if there is a font to match!!! :P :wink:
1947 Farmall Cub, SN 9920

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Thu May 25, 2006 4:05 pm

:idea: Thats an interesting question. I dont know how one would find out except for measuring the original.

But is there a Font Guage for Decal size lettering :?:
Then came Bronson

rustynuts
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rustynuts » Thu May 25, 2006 8:31 pm

Don't have a clue on the fonts but getting trained on a vinyl cuttin machine.HMMMMMMMM. Sounds like fun and maybe a bonus for you. I have quite a few projects you can practice on!!! :lol: I had one of my cousins make a set of Fender guitar decals for me for a headstock table I made, he works at a design signs place. He was going to make my decals for the cub but I could never get my hands on a set that wasn't already on a tractor. I bought a set of the mylar ones and I am still thinking of having him do a set out of vinyl for me they look so nice compared to the full sticker type and down the road having the mylar backing turn white with enough time. At least thats what looks like what happened on my cub. He scanned the fender off of a print I made online and copied it to his machine it didn't take long to do........Bill
* If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'.

Russ Leggitt
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 38655
Tractors Owned: [18] CUBs from 1947 thru 1974; "B" Farmall, [2] John Deere MTs; Ford 600; Ford 4000; and a 1956 IHC S112 Pickup [CUB Hauler]
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Russ Leggitt » Thu May 25, 2006 10:14 pm

Hi lloyd,

If you have access to autocadd or some of the other cadd programs
you might find one in their library of fonts. If not get and original decal
and use autocadd and draw your own. I have done this several times for
different decals.

Just a thought.

lloyd430
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby lloyd430 » Fri May 26, 2006 12:03 pm

Well I do have access to CAD- but that takes too long to trace and make it look good- I'll do that for the logo :lol: The program that comes with the cutter allows you to import an image and do and "auto trace" that program stinks, it no where near the original.
Like I asked before, knowing it was a long shot, I just wasn't sure if someone knew of a closer font- that would save me from going through them all!!!! :?
THanks
1947 Farmall Cub, SN 9920