This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Removing Shifter Rod Help

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
pattonh
10+ Years
10+ Years

Removing Shifter Rod Help

Postby pattonh » Tue May 23, 2006 9:35 pm

I need to replace the 1st./reverse shifter fork. Could someone please tell me how to remove the shifter rod.

Thanks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Rick Prentice » Wed May 24, 2006 7:52 am

I'll get this post back to the top for you so some of the experts will see it, Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Wed May 24, 2006 8:22 am

pattonh - Take a look at this article by Rudi. I think it will answer all your questions:

http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Mainte ... index.html
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Wed May 24, 2006 8:34 am

pattonh wrote:I need to replace the 1st./reverse shifter fork. Could someone please tell me how to remove the shifter rod.

Thanks

Remove the clamp bolt holding the fork. Using a vise grip, rotate the rail (rod) 1/4 turn or more in either direction to release the dent ball. Then, holding a thumb over the hole to retain the ball and spring, simply push the rail to the rear.

Assembly will be just the reverse except you will need to use a punch to compress the spring/ball. The punch should be about half the size of the hole so it can keep the ball in position until the rail is part way into the hole.

Cowboy's picture from a previous post clearly shows the holes where the detent balls/springs are... under toe forward ends of the rails.

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Wed May 24, 2006 8:56 am

:P Hey George how ya doin'

If you look the shifter fork on the bottom is broken. Before I found all you great friends here at farmallcub. I found the fork was broken around the back of the shifter shaft. I had no :idea: how to take it apart or where to get parts. I filled the trans with damp rags and put two welds on the outside of the ball pockets which you can see. tightened the retaining bolt back down and its been holding for the last three years. And I mow 6-10 hrs a week in the summer :!:

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

pattonh
10+ Years
10+ Years

Thanks

Postby pattonh » Wed May 24, 2006 9:53 am

Thanks to all that replied.. I have read the information and it certainly walks me through the process. Could not have done it without your help

Thanks again

Return to “Farmall Cub”