This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Steering Mod Phase 2

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Chris Todd
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43701
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub
1947 Farmall Circle Cub
1973 Int. 474

Postby Chris Todd » Tue May 23, 2006 5:41 am

HMMM :idea: ......"Country" Elliot from the "Cub Party" :?: :?: :?: . This could be the biginning of something here. He has my vote :!: :D

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

LARRY BALL
10+ Years
10+ Years

STEERING MOD 2

Postby LARRY BALL » Tue May 23, 2006 8:51 am

WK,
I ASK THIS,SIMPLY BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW? WHERE DO YOU GREASE THE ENDS, AND THE ARMS? I AM STILL INTERESTED IN THIS SET-UP FOR "LOCO" LOBOY. GET ME THE PRICE. I NEED TO REPLACE "LOCO'S" BENT LITTLE ARMS.

SOMEDAYS I GET BRAINSTORMS :lol: SOMEDAYS I GET CLOUDS :cry:
LARRY BALL

Kirk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Kirk » Tue May 23, 2006 9:23 am

Earl & Bill,

Simply amazing. :shock: :!: :?: :shock:

Glad I'm in the running for the new set-up. Looks like the trade may get a little stiffer for me. That's an elaborate looking set-up!!

Oh yes........."Country" for President :idea: :!:
Kirk

CUBS:
'49

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Tue May 23, 2006 9:34 am

One of my uncles made his money during the period in the 1980's when interest rates on preferred CD's were as high as 15%. This not only outpaced inflation, but allowed him to increase his capital as well. He locked in some $300,000, and came out of it all with a little less than $1 Million.

Tom, I guess you are too young to remember the horrible economy under Jimmy Carter when inflation topped 21%?

It was later, in 1986 when our congress declared capital gains (the illusion of profit from inflation) to be the same as ordinary income. Assets that had appreciated over a period of years before that at a taxable rate 40% that of ordinary income were suddenly and retroactively taxed at 2 1/2 times higher. Then they continue the myth that capital gains are taxed now at 15%. Partly true if you don't know how it affects your other taxes.

The really irritating part is that these taxes are poured down rat holes like N.O., and those fools re-elected the bungler who caused most of their problems... Ray Nagin. :(
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Kirk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Kirk » Tue May 23, 2006 9:38 am

and those fools re-elected the bungler who caused most of their problems... Ray Nagin.

It's hard to believe isn't it :?: :?:
Kirk

CUBS:

'49

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Tue May 23, 2006 3:30 pm

Kirk wrote:
and those fools re-elected the bungler who caused most of their problems... Ray Nagin.

It's hard to believe isn't it :?: :?:

Not really, but cancel the sympathy.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Tue May 23, 2006 3:30 pm

WK,
I ASK THIS,SIMPLY BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW? WHERE DO YOU GREASE THE ENDS, AND THE ARMS? I AM STILL INTERESTED IN THIS SET-UP FOR "LOCO" LOBOY. GET ME THE PRICE. I NEED TO REPLACE "LOCO'S" BENT LITTLE ARMS.

Good question. The ones I'm using have an oil impregnated bronze race. I purchased and then returned the type with grease fittings as I felt these are plenty strong and should be long lasting for the application. They are glass smooth to rotate. They have a 6700lbs. capacity. Should be plenty for the Cub. By the way the bronze type were more expensive than the ones with the grease fittings.
Last edited by WKPoor on Tue May 23, 2006 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Tue May 23, 2006 7:21 pm

George Willer wrote:Tom, I guess you are too young to remember the horrible economy under Jimmy Carter when inflation topped 21%?

Actually, George, I do remember it well, but not as a working taxpayer. That was the end of highschool for me. I knew Carter couldn't be re-elected just due to the horrors of gas rationing and inflation, even then.

I think I was a much smarter economist in those days than I am now. Of course, I was a much smarter "everything" 15 minutes ago, than I am now.

Economically, and foreign policy-wise Nixon was my hero in those days.... we won't go into his minor character flaws.........

:shock: :D :shock:

I also won't go into the specifics of how difficult it was to shelter some of my Uncle's interest from taxation, but I will say this: Luckily Reagan's IRA plans became available at the same time....that helped slightly. The fact that he became blind during that period also helped a bit, purely from a taxation basis.

sviennadan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby sviennadan » Tue May 23, 2006 9:37 pm

Country, I new I liked you the first time I saw you! Great minds do think alike! :D How did that old joke go...what's 500 lawyers at the bottom of the sea............a good start! Might toss in the career politicians and CEOs as well. Even George Washington was fearful of career politicians, although I don't think Ben Franklin was.........
All this proves is that one gnome pounding on the keyboard for years still will not produce the works of Shakespeare.
No animals were hurt in the rending of this page, but 18 queries were mangled in about 3.874 seconds.

Return to “Farmall Cub”