This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

"LOCO" DRIVING ME CRAZY

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
LARRY BALL
10+ Years
10+ Years

"LOCO" DRIVING ME CRAZY

Postby LARRY BALL » Thu May 18, 2006 12:22 pm

SI', NOW YOU'LL KNOW WHY I NAMED MY '65 LOBOY "LOCO". AFTER MOWING FOR AN HOUR OR SO HE JUST QUITS. JUST LIKE SHUTTING OFF A KEY. AFTER IT COOLS FOR 30-45 MINUTES WILL START RIGHT UP. THE LAST TIME HE DID THIS CHECKED FUEL SYSTEM. IT'S FINE. USED A TEST LIGHT WITH KEY ON, NO POWER AT COIL, NO POWER AT DISTRIBUTOR LEAD. CHECKED WIRING AT CONTROL PANEL. THREE WIRES BEHIND PANEL LOOKS TO BE 12GA. WIRE NUTTED TOGETHER BY PREV.OWNER. CHECKED THAT CONNECTION, STARTED RIGHT UP. LATER SAME SITUATION CHECKED CONNECTION, WILL NOT START, NO POWER TO COIL OR DISTRIBUTOR. WHAT THE HECK? WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT? :twisted: :twisted:
LARRY BALL

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu May 18, 2006 12:28 pm

Th points grond the coil, so not having voltage at the distributor wehn they are closed would be normal. folloe the lead form the coil backtoward the igntiton switch, checking as you go. If it has a voltage dropping resistor betweent eh coil and ignition switch, that is a ggod possibility.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Thu May 18, 2006 7:20 pm

Check for voltage with the points open.

My guess the problem is a bad coil.

Eugene