This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Mower Deck Hardware

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Uncle Ran
10+ Years
10+ Years

Mower Deck Hardware

Postby Uncle Ran » Tue May 16, 2006 1:49 pm

I'm still a couple of weeks away from I picking up my Cub, but I've found a 42' belly mower locally that may not still be available by then :?. This is my first Cub and I'm not sure what I will need to add the mower for the Cub application. The deck is just a deck only with no attachment accessories such as a PTO pulley or that type thing.

What will I need besides the deck and how difficult is it to find ?

Thanks for any suggestions or advice.

Randy
The miles of my journey have proven my Lord true............

LARRY BALL
10+ Years
10+ Years

BELLY MOWER

Postby LARRY BALL » Tue May 16, 2006 2:26 pm

UNCLE RAN,
YOU WILL NEED A PTO DRIVE PULLEY, A DRIVE BELT, A REAR BRACKET SYSTEM WITH TWO TENSIONER PULLEYS, A BRACKET TO ATTACH TO HYDRAULIC LIFT TO RAISE AND LOWER MOWER DECK OR A SHORT BRACKET WITH LIFTING CHAINS, A CLUTCH DRIVE SPINDLE AND PULLEY TO DRIVE BLADES AND A SET OF NEW BLADES AND MISC. BOLTS. (WHEW!) THERE IS A CATALOG ON SITE SHOWING PARTS FOR THE C-42 MOWER. IF TUNED CORRECTLY AND SET-UP PROPERLY IT IS A FINE MOWER FOR A CUB,EITHER, AS A FINISH MOWER OR WEED OR LIGHT BRUSH MOWER. JUST MAKE SURE THE BLADES AREN'T PUT ON BACKWARDS! I THINK WOODS STILL MAKE THIS MOWER, YOU MIGHT BE BETTER OFF FINDING A COMPLETE SET-UP AND REBUILDING IT IF NESSESSARY. SOMEONE JUST POSTED PICTURES OF A C-42 THAT WAS BEAUTIFULLY RESTORED.
LARRY BALL

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue May 16, 2006 2:33 pm

Randy:

See if you can get a model number, manufacturer of the mower. Trying to advise on what you will need aside from a generic reference is pretty much impossible without knowing what model it is.

There is lots of literature and pics of many of the mowers commonly used with Cubs, so with the model it will help us point you to the right stuff. IF the model is not available or unknow.. a pic or two would be useful.

You can Email em to me if you have or can get any and I can post em for you if you need help on that score...
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

LARRY BALL
10+ Years
10+ Years

mower deck

Postby LARRY BALL » Tue May 16, 2006 2:36 pm

UNCLE RAN,
I MEANT TO SAY C-2 MOWER. SCROLL DOWN ON THIS FORUM TO THREAD MARKED "ROTARY MOWERS". THERE IS A IH CATALOG THAT SHOULD HELP YOU. HAS PLENTY OF ILLUSTRATIONS. SORRY, IF I CONFUSED YOU!
LARRY BALL

Uncle Ran
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Uncle Ran » Tue May 16, 2006 2:55 pm

Hey Larry,

It doesn't take much at times, but we're on the page. The deck itself is complete, but I'm just not familar with the Cub since I don't have it in my grubbie little hands on it yet :twisted: . The Cub was used for farming instead of mowing so I'll just have to feel my way along here. I guess I'm just putting the cart before the horse, but I'm just excited. Can anyone relate to the feeling ?

I'll try to get the specs on the deck and maybe PM you for some more advice.

Thanks to you to Rudi. I'm still coming for a stay when the hurricanes return this summer.

Randy

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue May 16, 2006 5:45 pm

Randy:

The Cub was used for farming instead of mowing so I'll just have to feel my way along here.

Most Cubs I have seen have the PTO shaft and the usually a pulley of some sort. The correct pulley should not be a problem although the spline might be. Spine adaptors are available though.

I guess I'm just putting the cart before the horse, but I'm just excited. Can anyone relate to the feeling ?

Randy, every day I still get that feeling :!: :D Even this morning whilst I was getting some quality seat time on Ellie.. it brings back that initial excitement and the same one that occurs everytime we get to do something new, make something new. fix something never fixed before.. 8) 8) super 8)

It is a feeling you won't soon forget.. count on it :!: :arrow: :wink: :lol: :lol:

I'm still coming for a stay when the hurricanes return this summer.

Always welcome... most we get is the Perfect Storm or a Blizzard... :roll: :lol: :!: :!: :!:
Last edited by Rudi on Tue May 16, 2006 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Tue May 16, 2006 8:20 pm

I'm just excited. Can anyone relate to the feeling ?

Randy,

Most of us can relate! I have 13 Cubs and still get that feeling. It's that feeling that keeps us going! :D
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

LARRY BALL
10+ Years
10+ Years

MOWER DECK

Postby LARRY BALL » Tue May 16, 2006 10:03 pm

RANDY,
GO TO RALPHSCUBS.COM HE HAS A USED C-42 BELLY MOWER COMPLETE FOR $275.00. YOU CAN GET A LOOK-SEE AT ALL THE PARTS NEEDED. HE HAS SOME GOOD PICTURES OF THE COMPLETE RIG!

SOMEDAYS I GET BRAINSTORMS :lol: SOMEDAYS JUST RAIN :(
LARRY BALL

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Tue May 16, 2006 11:14 pm

Wise to ask the question first! Mowers can be tricky if they don't come with the Cub. To give you an idea, here is the the hardware for a Woods 59 for a Cub http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/Bu ... e4410c.jpg

Yep.... you will enjoy the Cub! I am getting antsy since I decided to take the hood off mine (leading to a restoration) and now I just want to use it.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Uncle Ran
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Uncle Ran » Wed May 17, 2006 5:26 pm

Thanks guys.

I was hoping that I wasn't the only one.

Funny thing today, I found two Cub's for sale less than ten miles from my home. One was the yellow and white type with a belly mower and the other was red with culivators and some type of planter attached to the side. I'm gets some pictures if anyone might be interested. I did get a look at the mower set-up while I was there.

Randy