This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub 22-Mower Questions

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
gitractorman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14072
eBay ID: toysforjake
Tractors Owned: Lots of Cub Cadets!
1951 Farmall Cub
1977 IH Cub
1966 IH Cub
1965 IH Lo Boy
1964 IH Lo Boy
1949 Farmall Cub
Several IH 154 Lo Boys
1979 IH 184 Lo Boy
Simplicity 4416 Sovereign
Simplicity Conquest
Simplicity Legacy 4x4 Diesel
Mitsubishi MT180D 4x4 Diesel
Circle of Safety: Y

Cub 22-Mower Questions

Postby gitractorman » Mon May 15, 2006 8:43 am

I just picked up a Cub 22 sickle mower, but it is missing the PTO pulley. One question is based around the fact that they offered a 4" and a 4.5" PTO pulley. I am guessing that this change had something to do with the increased engine RPM in the later model Cubs, but I'm not sure which way they went, up to the 4.5" pulley, or down to the smaller pulley??? So, I have a 1977 Cub, which pulley should I go with?

Also, is there any way to tell the year of the sickle mower by a casting date? Does the year make any difference, i.e. did they make any other changes besides PTO pulley diameter?

Another question about painting. I am planning to re-paint everythingShould I paint the "track" that the cutter bar runs in, or just wire wheel/brush really clean and oil the track and under-side of the cutter bar?

Oh yea, if anyone has a spare PTO pulley, I'm in need of one!

Thanks,
Bill
Cub Cadets 682, 1811, 1864, Simplicity Legacy XL 4x4 Diesel with FEL, 60" mower, 50" Tiller

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon May 15, 2006 8:48 am

Later pulleys were 4". I would paint the entire bar.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Clem
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48463
Tractors Owned: 1956 FAST HITCH CUB
MODEL 10 CUB TRAILER
2 1950 Demonstrators

Postby Clem » Mon May 15, 2006 9:55 am

TM sells 'em, they are hard to come by. I don't know why people sell them seperate. I guess so they can make more money and trouble for the next guy. They cost about $70. I have a whole mower with the pulley for sale if anyone is interested.

Return to “Farmall Cub”