This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Stupid Question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Stupid Question

Postby WKPoor » Fri May 12, 2006 11:07 pm

I know there is a Cubfest in Ohio in June. Question Is!!! Whats the address?????? Would be real helpful to be able to drive there.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Fri May 12, 2006 11:41 pm

De Graff, Ohio. More specificly, I can't tell you at this point. There is more information in this thread:
http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=81250

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sat May 13, 2006 9:17 am

Bill,

Go to 7742 Co.Rd. 13, DeGraff, OH, and look for a lot of little red or yellow tractors. Probably be some Flambeau red ones too and a blue and white Maule.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sat May 13, 2006 10:35 am

Is that a mile or so east of State Route 235?

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby George Willer » Sat May 13, 2006 11:16 am

Yes... more like 1/2 mile. C.R. 13 must be about 5 1/2 miles North of DeGraff and 3 1/2 miles south of Rt. 274. I've only been there once, but I expect to find it again. Gene's new barn and the shop are visible from Rt. 235.
George Willer

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Postby Rick Prentice » Sat May 13, 2006 11:21 am

I'm planning on coming straight down 235, since the old IH Truck doesn't like the E-ways :D , plus I'll probably look like "Sanford & Son" :shock:

Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby George Willer » Sat May 13, 2006 11:37 am

Rick,

Find your way the 6 miles or so to Rt. 235 and follow its' zigs and zags for 80 to 85 miles and you're there! :D
George Willer

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Rick Prentice » Sat May 13, 2006 11:48 am

Yep, the old truck loves those "zigs and zags" when it's loaded :D . It was fun last year on my way to Stoutsville going through the Amish Country, especially those 1st gear hills :shock: . Is there any of those hills from my place to De Graff?

Thanks George, Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby George Willer » Sat May 13, 2006 1:15 pm

Rick,

I can't say, since I haven't travelled the length of RT 235, but I can say that Gene's brother Larry lives not far away from Gene... within a rifle shot of the highest point in Ohio. That's a far different place from the flat plains of Wood County.

Be sure to top off your tranny fluid before you go. :D
George Willer

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Rick Prentice » Sat May 13, 2006 1:23 pm

within a rifle shot of the highest point in Ohio

Oh Boy, that's just what I didn't want to hear :D. Sounds even worse than that big hill climb in Landcaster. I didn't think I'd ever get to the top of that one, but, looking on the bright side, I was getting great mileage on the other side :D

Stan's Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Stan's Cub » Sat May 13, 2006 1:52 pm

there are NO stupid questions, only stupid answers...

peace
Chad
'54 Cub

sviennadan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby sviennadan » Sat May 13, 2006 2:19 pm

Rick,

Most of the land up that way is relatively flat. The highest point in Ohio is near Bellfontaine, and it is a fluke, in that it is a moraine left by the glaciers retreating. The hills around Lancaster are definitely steeper, just happen to be closer to sea level, since they're closer to the Ohio river. If Gene is North and East of Degraff proper, you won't have any problem. It strikes me that in Degraff you dip down to the Miami river, and that could be a problem, but you should be North of that.
All this proves is that one gnome pounding on the keyboard for years still will not produce the works of Shakespeare.
No animals were hurt in the rending of this page, but 18 queries were mangled in about 3.874 seconds.

Leadfoot
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Leadfoot » Sun May 14, 2006 6:47 pm

I live about 25 minutes from the CubFest site, there are no extremely steep hills...NOTHING like the area around Lancaster.

A friend of mine farms a couple of miles S. of the 235-274 intersection...the ground has some small hills, but it is scenic....nothing 'mountainesque' :lol:

Also if anyone has an Ohio fishing license, bring your poles along...Indian Lake is just a handful of miles N. of the 235-274 intersection. The bass and crappie fishing is always 'hot' there 8) http://indianlake.com/

Also, folks into racing might like taking in Shady Bowl Speedway, it is a little S. of DeGraff. Check it out here: http://www.shadybowl.com/

Return to “Farmall Cub”