This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

cub lowboy sighted

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
george
10+ Years
10+ Years

cub lowboy sighted

Postby george » Fri May 12, 2006 9:21 am

Drove by a yellow and white lowboy for sale $3295.
It has a Mott flail mower. Located in Amenia NY on rt 22 just south of rt44.
It has been there for a few weeks.
George

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Matt Kirsch » Fri May 12, 2006 9:38 am

Yup, and for that price, it'll stay there for a long long while.

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Fri May 12, 2006 5:03 pm

Must not really be for sale.

A couple of weeks ago there was a Cub on Ebay for sale way way over market price and at that time there were several other Cubs for sale in better condition ( at least judging by the pics) for much much less. I sent a message asking why they thought that Cub was worth so much and how they expected to sell it when obviously it was over market price. It seemed the seller wasn't really a tractor person by the other items they had for sale, at least to me. They wrote me back a rather pointed response basically saying who the heck do I think I am questioning their price ( by the way it was the perverbial no reserve boast starting at a rediculous high price).
I later noticed it was reduced in price two times with still not one single bid. The seller said they felt the price was right based on the number of times someone put it in their saved list. I told them that was just people wanting to see if some fool would really pay that much for an average Cub, not potential buyers!!!

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby John(videodoc) » Fri May 12, 2006 5:28 pm

seems like a year ago or so a cub came up for sale for $5000, it was a well used tractor, with a belly mower. Nothing special. The consensus of the board was the husband was forced to sell it, at wifes request. So he could say, "i put it up for sale on ebay, i dont know why it didnt sell, quess we are going to have to keep it." :D

bald
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 31569
Tractors Owned: 66 IH Cub w/fasthitch and 41 JD LA

Postby bald » Fri May 12, 2006 9:19 pm

Videodoc, I used that ploy on a nice John Deere LA this spring. Set the price ridiculously high thinking the tractor & I would grow older together. Some yahoo called my bluff and offered cash. :x
The good news is that I used some of that money to buy another Cub. :wink:
bald
Southeast Georgia
Another wonderful day in paradise.
'66 IH Cub w/fast hitch and '41 JD LA

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Sat May 13, 2006 5:05 am

Sometime last year I submitted a post about a 154 with a bucket, cab, and creeper gear that I saw for sale. Price: $4800. It's still there.
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

Dale51
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dale51 » Sun May 14, 2006 7:19 am

I have seen a lot of cubs for sale lately & when ask where they come up with there asking price they all seem to say it's what they are going for on ebay.
I just shake my head & walk away!!
If it's been broken I did it.
If its not broken wait till I touch it.

technova
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 53809

Postby technova » Mon May 15, 2006 10:10 am

Dale51 wrote:I have seen a lot of cubs for sale lately & when ask where they come up with there asking price they all seem to say it's what they are going for on ebay.
I just shake my head & walk away!!

Seems like the same thing we've been seeing in the old car market for a few years. Any rusted hulk of a Nova brings over $1K because "that's what they go for on Ebay"

I was at a car show the other day and a guy was asking $8000 for a Ford 800 with no attachments. I've seen many around here for 3500-4000.

Psycho
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Psycho » Mon May 15, 2006 12:36 pm

WKPoor wrote:Must not really be for sale.

A couple of weeks ago there was a Cub on Ebay for sale way way over market price and at that time there were several other Cubs for sale in better condition ( at least judging by the pics) for much much less.
I later noticed it was reduced in price two times with still not one single bid.

WKPoor,
Did tha cub have a loader bucket on it, in NY?
"If at first it doesn't move, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway."
1948 Cub, 1957 Cub