This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

A stupid question and a reflection on my first tractor split

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Soldner
10+ Years
10+ Years

A stupid question and a reflection on my first tractor split

Postby Soldner » Thu May 11, 2006 8:07 am

Well first for the reflection. Saturday, me and my dad split the cub, and replaced the TOB and the clutch. I could not believe how easy of a job it was. 1 hour from the time we got out to the shop to the time we got back in the car. (i had the hood and everything off) But i just wanted to say thanks for everyone's advice in past topics!! It really helped! Now to my stupid question.......

After driving the cub around, i thought i should check the tranny fluid again.. I checked it was pretty nasty, so i am going to change it this weekend. My question is.. Is the filler hole on the top of the tranny the only place you need to put oil in? I know the manual says something about the tranny needs 3 and something pints and then there is another part that needs 1 and something pints.. Do the end housing need oil too? Also.. What is everyone using for Tranny Oil (Hy-Trans, 8090wt) and for motor oil (non-ditergent)? Thanks everyone for your sound advice!!

Brandon

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Thu May 11, 2006 8:27 am

Brandon, the fill hole on the tranny will take care of the tranny and differential. The final drives are separate. You must drop the pans to drain them.
I use 90 wt gear lube. Others use Hy-tran fluid. Either is acceptable.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Soldner
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Soldner » Thu May 11, 2006 8:33 am

Thanks Bigdog!

phantom
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby phantom » Thu May 11, 2006 8:40 am

brandon, one thing i have never seen mentioned on the subjuct. when i changed the lube in my transmission it was cold. the lube thick. i took out the filler plug and the little plug to check the level, poured in the goop 'til it started dribbleing out. real quick i socked in the level plug to avoid a mess. well, i've never been accused of being quick but i should have waited for the 90 wt to settle before i put the plug in. by the time all that lube leveled out and ran off the gears i had 'er too full.
phantom

Return to “Farmall Cub”