This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Steering Shaft Installation Problem

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Steering Shaft Installation Problem

Postby Dan England » Mon May 08, 2006 9:41 am

I disassembled the steering mechanism to replace a leaking steering gear base gasket. When I inserted the steering shaft and worm, I could not get them to seat to their original level. When I seat it as fully as I can, there is about a quarter to half inch gap between the steering shaft bearing and the housing. Also, on the upper end, to get the support arm bracket to the level of the support arm causes the bracket to ride lower on the shaft than its proper location. I did this job several years ago and remember having the same problem when reassembling it. I just can't remember how I solved the problem. Your help is appreciated. Dan

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon May 08, 2006 9:37 pm

check the spacer on the end of the dhaft, it may be out of place.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”