This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rare Cub find?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
David C
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47141
Tractors Owned: 1949 Farmall Cub, 1970 135 Massey Ferguson, 1970 175 Massey Ferguson, 1964 Cub Cadet Model 70. 1977 Farmall 140 (Granpa's)

Rare Cub find?

Postby David C » Thu May 04, 2006 8:11 pm

My cousin stopped by the other day and said he found this in a very old tackle box he picked up.
The pictures dont do it justice...
Anybody ever seen one or have one?
How old is this matchbook Image

David C.
I may be old but I got to see all the cool bands

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Thu May 04, 2006 8:18 pm

Cool! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Thu May 04, 2006 8:29 pm

I have never seen one. :shock: I have seen more of the cub pinbacks than I have this matchbook. I would say it is a rare item indeed. :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

nosih
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby nosih » Thu May 04, 2006 8:38 pm

That is neat... I have one of the

NO TRESPASSING
PROPERTY OF INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER CO

signs from the fence around the Louisville factory.... I tried to sell it a few RPRUs ago, but nobody was interested, so with all signs and clocks that don't sell on their first trip to RPRU, they just go on the wall of the shop....

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Fri May 05, 2006 5:03 am

Hey David...NICE CUB MATCHBOOK :!: I would say it probably dates from the early 1950's based on the graphics used in the Cub tractor. I'm NOT a matchbook collector, but I DO KNOW these matchbooks are more valuable if they have ALL the matches in them...Does Yours :?: It's still a very nice collectable :wink:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Fri May 05, 2006 9:06 am

'Country' Elliott wrote:Hey David...NICE CUB MATCHBOOK :!: I would say it probably dates from the early 1950's based on the graphics used in the Cub tractor. I'm NOT a matchbook collector, but I DO KNOW these matchbooks are more valuable if they have ALL the matches in them...Does Yours :?: It's still a very nice collectable :wink:

I don't know much about matchbook collecting. But I notice the striker is on the back side rather than the front. I suspect that implys the matchbook is considerably newer that the artwork suggests.

Some matchbook collectors remove the matches (by carefully taking the staple out) and just keep the cover. There is a concern about the safety of collecting the matches and another concern about a chemical from the match head leaching into the paper, messing up the outside appearance. Even among those that remove the matches, an unstruck striker adds to the value.

Regardless of the age or striker location, it is a nice item.

David C
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47141
Tractors Owned: 1949 Farmall Cub, 1970 135 Massey Ferguson, 1970 175 Massey Ferguson, 1964 Cub Cadet Model 70. 1977 Farmall 140 (Granpa's)

Postby David C » Fri May 05, 2006 8:19 pm

Thanks guys, It has 2 matches missing :(
The inside cover has " THAT MEN SHALL LIVE TO ENJOY LIFE...IS THE REASON FOR SAFETY"

David C.
I may be old but I got to see all the cool bands

Return to “Farmall Cub”