This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

HELP VALUING A CUB

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Mon May 01, 2006 5:44 pm

Cubs are not really scarce around NE, they are just rarely for sale! I am amazed at how many I have seen since I got one.

You are on the right track by asking the wisdom of this board... Cubs R spoken here. Despite the fact that there are at least 30 of em on this island I have only once seen one for sale. A pretty raggedy one for $2000. But if you let folks know you are looking for one, sooner or later YOUR deal on YOUR Cub will turn up. But being patient is easier said than done.

Just so you know, the auction where I bought my second Cub (Swanton, VT) there was 4 Cubs. Two had decent paint as long as you didn't look closely, one with a fast hitch (implements sold separate) and one with a grader/snow plow (smoking out the oil filler) and those both went for $2000. The other Cub wasnt running (no generator) and I wasn't around when it sold. Mine wasn't running, but I knew it was just the carb and hoped it would run ok (it does). Luckily I was 'tempered' by the severe lack of cash and was not really in the market for another Cub, just there with a friend. I guess it was just meant to be.

So, if they go that high at an auction on a cold very rainy day.... then the price of Cubs is up.

Also, there is a huge advantage to a private sale, you can go beyond kicking the tires (like a little spin, all the gears, etc), you may get lucky and get the manuals. You can find out a little of the history and the maintenance too.

There was two 62's for sale in Cranston RI a few months back, both in nice shape. The guy had upgraded to all yeller ones (6 in the barn). Send me a PM if you want me to try and find the number. I think he wanted $1600 each.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Scott
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02769
eBay ID: scottdarowski
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
55 Cub
62 CCO
63 CCO
70 JD 112

Postby Scott » Mon May 01, 2006 7:18 pm

larry is right lots of cubs around here just not for sale. there is four just in my school's shop
Image On To Bigger Things

PKS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PKS » Mon May 01, 2006 9:39 pm

Gentleman,

Thank you for all your knowledge and input. I spoke with the owner today and he said he has a set of good emblems that go with the tractor as well as light brackets but no lights and no grill. He is a "Farmall" guy and appears to know value well. He has yet to advertise locally and thinks it would move fast at $1700 which is what we had come to thus far. I will keep you posted.

Paul

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Mon May 01, 2006 10:04 pm

Well,

Then $1650 saves him the time, bother, and cost of a newspaper ad, and it should be a done deal!!!

bigdaddy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby bigdaddy » Tue May 02, 2006 1:36 pm

A good deal at $1600 and $1850 is High????

I think of all the times $250 has gone through my hands and can't recall how. Here, the price to pay for what you want is what is really at stake. If it's nice grab it.

bigdaddy
'48 CUB 'lil' bigdaddy

Return to “Farmall Cub”