This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

what seals do I need

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cjpenny89
10+ Years
10+ Years

what seals do I need

Postby cjpenny89 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:22 am

Ok guys I will finaly be fixing that broken rear long side axle casting the one the seat bolts to. I will also be replacing the brakes on the old girl. She is a 1956 so I guess I should be reading up on the toggle brakes (newer style)
Ok since I am going in there to repalce the axle casting and bad brakes does anyone know what else I should replace while I am in there? I am guesing a few seals? Do you guys know the seal numbers? We have lots of different CR seals here at work and if I can match up the numbers I can buy them at a very reduced cost and if there sizes we do not use anymore I can take them. My work is good on stuff like this.
I will go and try to look up anything I can find in Rudis site but just wanted to see what you guys suggested.
Chad

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:09 am

Chad,

Go to the ATIS FAQ and check article 7.

http://www.antique-tractor.com/CubFAQ/cub_faq.html

Several of us submitted information and Jim Becker put it in a chart.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:53 pm

I was going to write down the manufacturers numbers on all the seals and bearings I put in the hind end of my red Cub. But I found they were reasonably priced from a dealer (even cheaper than NAPA) so I quit. Also, I found when I did the front wheel bearings on the yeller one that IH has a 'kit' with all the bearings, seal, felt and the odd guard/shield for less than the bearings would have been from a bearing supply place.

The link GW posted is very good and should have everything you need.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

cjpenny89
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cjpenny89 » Mon May 01, 2006 6:20 am

Geroge
Thanks I forgot about that web page with the cross over numbers! thanks for reminding me
Chad

Return to “Farmall Cub”