This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Charging System

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
MikeCub64
10+ Years
10+ Years

Charging System

Postby MikeCub64 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:59 am

I keep coming back here because I keep getting great info! I successfuly put on a headgasket after talking with you guys, and it hasn't leaked. Todays problem: The battery in my cub is about 1 1/2 years old. It has repeatedly gone through times of being dead. When running, the ammeter shows charge. At times the battery will hold a charge, sometimes not. I don't have anything fancy to check to see if the generator is working or not. Before I go and buy a new battery, does anyone have a suggestion to see if it could just be a bum battery?
Thanks guys.
Mike

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:43 am

If your ampmeter is showing a charge, the generator is probably ok. A loosse or corroded battery cable (battery or starter/ground end) cna cause the intermittent problem. Also a sticking relay in the voltage regulator Or cutout, depending on which you have can cuase the battery to discharge while setting. To check if that is thr problem, disconnect the battery when not in use and see if that solves the problem.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”