This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

4 position light switch

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
bigdaddy
10+ Years
10+ Years

4 position light switch

Postby bigdaddy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:37 pm

HI all, I went back and searched and found good info on 4 way switches. However, where do you buy a new one? TM doesn't seem to have them. Do they go bad? Can they be cleaned? Mine is a Delco Remy, is there a replacement part?

Thanks
for all the knowledge.

bigdaddy
'48 CUB 'lil' bigdaddy

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:59 pm

The original style 4 position switches are no longer avalablethrough dealers, but OEM may have them, I haven't checked, but if you have upgraded to a regulater rather than still having a cutout, you can use either a 3 position one, or the newer style 4 position. The switch can be easuily disassembled for clenaing, once it is off, jsut take the screws out form the rear.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bill Blansett
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bill Blansett » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:08 pm

Big daddy, If Case IH doesn't have any old stock. You will probably have to go with a serviceable used one. Give Jamie or John a call or E-mail at JPtractorsalvage.com , supporters of this site. They respond quickly to E-Mail requests. I have never tried to take one apart for cleaning. Maybe someone else has. As far as "Do they go bad?" Yes, Yes, Yes, Remember, that everything in this world that man has ever made will fail, including the Pyramids and Great Wall of China. Just don't know when, but usually at the most in appropriate time. I see John Puckett has given you some useful info also. Bill