This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub down

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:11 am

Dave - just to be sure, crank the engine over with the cap off and check to see that the rotor is turning. Is the tip and the wiper of the rotor clean and shiny? Many times they can be cleaned up and will work for a while longer. It's also a good thing to make sure it is in time. Although it is rare, they will occasionally jump time if there is wear on the rotor.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:22 pm

Dave,

This was the beast that was the inspiration for the unicorn myth. It was a type of woolly Rhino with a 6ft horn on its nose. It was lighter-bodied than modern Rhino's, and only had a single horn.

Its name was elasmotherium.

I would certainly not advise playing leapfrog with it.

Dave Irish
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dave Irish » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:46 am

Well there is not was you could win in that game. No mater whos turn it was. It is kinda like I feel to day as I get ready to go through the ignition system. I thought it a good quote....stolen from Benny Hill. Well I am going to play with the cub. I will be careful of the horn.....

Dave
" Never play leapfrog with a unicorn"

Dave Irish
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dave Irish » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:52 pm

Hi guys well the unicorn did not get me. I got my good spark back. 6 volts in the morning can be very refreashing. But now the starter is dragging, which is not too bad ,Buddy down the street will fix that for a case or two of beer. But I noticed that my generator pulley on the fan spindle seems to be separating and wobbley. Is that pulley just pressure fit on there? If so can it just be tapped into place. And if I was to replace it, are the fan and gen pulley one assembley slide onto the spindle. It looks that way. She should be purring by the week end.

Well I don't think I have ever got two pages of replies before. Thank you all very much for your time and consideration.

Dave Irish
" Never play leapfrog with a unicorn"

superc_1
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 72823
Tractors Owned: 3- A's
1 Super C
1- 1951 cub
1- 1957 lo-boy

Postby superc_1 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:27 pm

I COULDN'T TELL BY YOUR POST IF IT WAS TURNING OVER OR NOT WHEN YOU CAME BACK. IF YOU WAS GETTING NOTHING CLEAN THE NEG. BATTERY CABLE WHERE IT CONNECTS TO THE TRACTOR. ALOT OF THE TIMES THIS FIX IT. THIS HAPPEN TO ME AND I HAD THE STARTER REBUILT AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE THE NEG. BATTERY CABLE.
No matter where you go, there you are.
"Jefthro Burns"

Return to “Farmall Cub”