This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I love my 23A disks

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:45 pm

I got my new ones fron the local Case IH dealer. Been delivering some furnature for the choir directorand her husband in Maine. Just got home. There were over 300 posts since 1:00 PM monday.

bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

RudyO
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RudyO » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:08 am

Does anyone have a couple of good closeup pics of the 23A? I built a small transport disc a few years ago and it's hydraulically run. I like the idea of the self adjusting (for transport) with release on the 23A. thanks.

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:10 am

Ho Rudy

I will take some pictures today and e-mail them to you I plan on finishing my little project this afternoon other than seeding.

Denton thanks for the good words :!:

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:40 pm

RudyO, I already had these on my pc. please excuse the quality, my good coamera is gone to repair.

http://home.centurytel.net/ejpuckett/disk-23A/
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

little_red_cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby little_red_cub » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:41 pm

Hey Cowboy, did you use any wieght's on your disc when tearing up the grass? It look's like you have a place for wieght's . I was just wondering. And also how much wieght does it take to hold your disk down? I am asking because I am about to invest in the single pointed quick hitch disk.I am gonna cut and weld it so I can use it like the one you have.
Keep your cubs up and keep your row's straight

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:13 pm

:D Hi L-R-C

They tell me that cinder block fit well into those holders. It was taking all the traction I had to pull it up the hill so I did not put any weight on it. I would if I was working on a flat area.

8) Have a "Disk-lightful"?! time

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:06 pm

little_red_cub You willl have to cut up 2 single point discs to make one like Billys and do a whole lot of jury rigging. I have a 23 like Billys. there is a latch and bunch of hardware that lets you put all the discs in a row to transport it. It rolls along on the discs and doesn;'t cut the ground up much. You release a lever and the front and rear discs face in different directions and it tears up a storm. All you have to do is back up and the discs reset nice in a row again. You get quite a bit more bite that way.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Return to “Farmall Cub”