This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

NO go

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby John(videodoc) » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:00 pm

yep battery ground cable, mine was green from corrison. so i replaced.

where the starter mounts to the tractor, i got the dremel out, and polished away all the way around the opening, ensuring it was BRIGHT AND shinny. both on the tractor and starter. on the tractor there was a lip of paint and crub that could have prevented contact, and on the starter itself there was (i would say) carbon build up on it. so i polished it up as well. so i had too highly polished pieces of metal making contact. regardless of the bolts. i was making excellent contact. barely gotta pull it now and off to the races. 8) john

man i really got think of a new handle, this vd thing might just catch on :lol:

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Postby allenlook » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:12 pm

Sorry about that VideoDoc, when I'm in a hurry I abbreviate so at least folks know who I'm replying to in the thread.

I didn't stop to think about the "connotation" of that one :lol:
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:28 pm

Allen when I got my cub it would only start when cold if it stalled I could not get it to crank for at least ten minuts. The starter had been rebuilt before I got it. I took it apart and one of the wires to brushes got pinched between the end cap and the starter housing I taped it up and put it back together and it does fine now.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Return to “Farmall Cub”