This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Prayer's for someone else this time please.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.
Circle of Safety: Y

Prayer's for someone else this time please.

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:32 am

I am putting this here to generate a bit more traffic I hope?

Urgent prayers are needed for a dear friend of mine from high school days.

In 1973 her Mom was murdered in her home; she(15-my HS chum) was beaten the same way to near death; and her 9 yr old sis was stabbed 49 times about the head and neck. The girls survived.

In 1974, the perp. was sentenced to a sentence of: Life to Life.
The death penalty was not in effect here at that time.

Shockingly, now some 32 yrs later, he has a parole hearing coming up in a day or two.

Would like prayers to go out to the girls ( Pam and Cindy ) that the parole board does NOT release him now, or ever for that matter.

Thanks tons guys, I am confident they can count on us all for support.

-Marion
Last edited by Marion(57 Loboy) on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:18 am

Marion,

As I have recently been debating in my mind, there are simply some deeds which are unforgiveable, no matter how you turn them over in your mind.

I do not believe in the death penalty (purely because the prospect of human error is so great, and executing an innocent man makes all of our nobler aspirations crumble into dust for me). Yet, there are those who should never again be permitted to walk the earth as free men.

32 years is nowhere near enough time to pay for destroying 3 lives. Yet how does one pray for vengeance? Justice is the noble work of men. Judgement is the work of God. In this case, it is the task of man to protect society from this person, until such time as God has the opportunity to Judge him.

I shall pray that the truth of this man's character, and the truth of his deeds be fully known to the parole board, and that they do not base their decisions upon fiscal matters, like economics, or prison crowding, in this case. I shall pray that the parole board remembers that while the actions and intentions of men can change, their hearts cannot.

How does that sound?

Tom

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:26 am

Prayers for open eyes and wisdom for the parole board.
We can forgive people, but that doesn't mean they have to go free as in a case like this, the forgiveness has to go alongside his punishment which was ...LIFE, prayers are there, Pat and Noëlle

Carm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21234
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCub 1948 FCub (FrankenCub), 1949 C, 1952 SA, 1963 IH 3414 Backhoe Diesel, 1960 Oliver 880 Diesel, 1945 Mack EF Fire Truck

Postby Carm » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:15 am

Sure thing. Hopefully this scum doesn't get paroled. Sometimes you gotta wonder about these parole hearings. Why they even exist. I think a dark cement cell with food and water and roaches is a good parole for somebody like that. I hope and pray everything turns out well for the ladies.

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:26 am

Hey Marion...Some folks just don't git the idea of treating their neighbors as they would like to be treated. There is something TOTALLY WRONG with a Justice System that DOESN'T MEET OUT THE JUSTICE TO FIT THE CRIME.

Prayer is a STRONG POWER :wink: ...But, in this case, it might not be STRONG ENOUGH to undo the injustice that's been heaped upon your High School friend by a host of Liberal Judges and Thoughtless Juries. :cry:
OUR PRAYERS are with YOU & YOUR FRIEND...LET JUSTICE BE DONE! :o
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Larry in IN
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46750
Tractors Owned: '59 cub running
'48 'H' running?
'54 '400' project
'67 806' project
?? '706' project
'70' 826G Hydro 'every day power! 1 of 14
'71' MM G1050 - Big iron
'51' JD 'R' project
'61 JD 3010 project
'48 Allis 'G'
'??' F-12 my son's

Postby Larry in IN » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:53 am

AMEN!
One of the few advantages of growing older is that I finally realized that I haven't made ALL the stupid mistakes! Yet!

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:15 am

Marion - you got it bud! Scum like that needs to stay where it is!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:32 am

Beverly and I have them added to our prayer list. I never coiuld understand letting a murderer out.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:23 pm

The family has my prayers.
A gallows in the public square and making the perpetrator buy the rope would be my preference. :shock:

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:41 pm

Donny M wrote:The family has my prayers.
A gallows in the public square and making the perpetrator buy the rope would be my preference. :shock:

The family has my prayers too, but our justice system is badly broken. These creeps live half a lifetime after their conviction. Hang a few lawyers and the system could be speeded up to make room for more perps. The appeals process is drug out for FAR too long. The shysters drag things out to make it appear they are doing something.

What possible dis-incentive can there can be to a system that allows half a lifetime for nonsense appeals. Get rid of the scum and move on.

Yes, OJ really did do it!
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:13 pm

I will be praying as well.

What i see is prisons full of organ donors, for hard working tax paying citizens who are need of vital organs, to extend their lives, a totally untapped market(?), that should be tapped????

Course some might see this as cruel and unusual punishment, but i see it as more humane than spending 50-60 years in a box? Living off someone else????

Am i a little warped?? :?

john

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:49 pm

Marion:

Em's and my prayers are with you and your friends as well...

We are awaiting the sentencing hearing here on a SA charge... it has been postponed 5 maybe 6 times... it has taken 2 years since it went to court, and a year and a half since he PLEAD GUILTY :!: :?: :?:

This creep is up a second time for a similar offense, but because this offence occured BEFORE the second offence which was tried first, this one is going to be treated as a First Timer..... he got 6 months house arrest - of which he spent much of it in the US hunting and gambling... :shock: :shock: :shock: huh :?: :?: INS and the Border Patrol are not talking to each other and they certainly are not talking to the RCMP...

What some of these scum bags get away with is beyond me. This past Monday he was supposed to get sentenced... it is postponed again. Let me tell ya, it is affecting the family badly....

And there definitely is something wrong with the Legal System in both countries... it seems Judges no longer are satisfied with enforcing the law as is their duty, they now have decided to MAKE LAW... which is in the realm of our elected officials such as Congress people and Senators in the US at Federal and State level, and MP's, MLA's, MPP's and Senators at the Provincial and Federal level in Canada..

I agree with George.. however, that isn't going to happen. The defense lawyer in this case is a good man, but they go way to far defending the GUILTY instead of ensuring the VICTIMS get justice...

Some days, I sort of like some parts of Sharia law.... just the good parts where you get an eye for an eye etc..... but then the Christian in me says, turn the other cheek.....
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Painless
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29356

Postby Painless » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:02 pm

Pam and Cindy are in my prayers.

Thomas
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Thomas » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:56 am

Strong prayers always...maybe not down here,but one day he will meet his justice.

Kirk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Kirk » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:58 am

Marion,

I can't imagime the feelings that this family are having.
And I personally thank you for reaching out for prayer in this situation. One of the great things that make this forum great is the God-loving people that belong here.

And even greater is the power of prayer.....of which is pouring out of all of us.....for justice to be done NOW.

Like others have said...the Christian in me says to forgive. That doesn't mean that the crime doesn't need to go without full punishment.
Kirk

CUBS:
'49