This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Prestolite Magneto on a Cub?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Mike Duncan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Prestolite Magneto on a Cub?

Postby Mike Duncan » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:43 pm

Has anyone ever ran across a Prestolite Mag on a Cub? My '50 Cub has a Prestolite XHD-2659 mag on it, and I'm hoping to find some clues about it.

The mag seems to work fine, but reluctant to remove it during the restoration as I have no knowledge of it.

The only thing I can find out is that Prestolite & WICO were in a partnership at sometime.

I'd like to find out something about it, as perhaps I could find someone looking for such a model, that I could either trade/sell it for the correct magneto for the cub.
1939 Ford 9N Serial #144!!!, 1944 Ford 2N, 1948 Ford 8N and a 1950 IH Cub. Always looking for Cub implements as well!

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:33 pm

:roll: One of My Cubs has a Fairbanks/Morse mag on it. :shock:
Then came Bronson

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bus Driver » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:40 pm

The Cub parts catalog has a Wico magneto and a Prestolite distributor included. One can assume that these were original equipment on some Cubs, although I have not encountered such equipment.
Luck favors those who are prepared

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:19 am

Alot of different mags are pretty close to the same and will work. You may have a little different lag. But If it starts and runs well I guess thats the main thing. How much room is there between the oil filter and the dist cap? That was a big problem with cub mags.
JON
http://www.farmallmagneto.com