This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

cant wait 4 cubfest!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
jakeesspoo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44847

cant wait 4 cubfest!

Postby jakeesspoo » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:32 pm

I cant wait for cubfest :!: Im hoping to be able to bring both of my cubs and some tools. I still have many questions that would be easier answered hands on and Im hoping people will bring extra parts they want to swap or sell. Gonna need a lot of film to take some reference pictures. :D ps. Im gonna be gettign ready to paint one of my cubs as soon as it warms up. I looked in the yellow pages for a paint supplier that sold automotive finishes and we dont have on locally. So can anyone suggest the best place to get paint? I will order it if I have to. I do have a IH dealer nearby but it sounds like theres better paint out there than the 2150 or whatever that they sell. So I want to get good paint, is the primer they sell at tractor supply good enough? Also what silver do you get for the rims? Also is fan painted? thanks Jake

Scott
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02769
eBay ID: scottdarowski
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
55 Cub
62 CCO
63 CCO
70 JD 112

Postby Scott » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:39 pm

I used rustolium aluminum for the rear rims and automotive paint from a place
Image On To Bigger Things

Bill Blansett
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bill Blansett » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:05 pm

Jake, I bought some Dupont Industrial coating, Polyurethane,with hardner from a NAPA dealer right next to the Cubarama event in Fredericktown, MO. Only about $70.00 per gallon kit. John Hargis SR. of JP Tractor Salvage put me on to it and he said that is what they use. It is IH red ( I will get the number tomorrow) It sprayed real nice. The nice thing is, it has a fast cure time and is excellent if having to do the large parts outside. Also an extreme temperature range. I believe down to 40 degrees. Dupont is good paint. On the rear rims,I went to the Auto section in Wal-Mart and found a real nice match to Galvanize. The number on the can is T-154 W Slate gray. I note that Wal-Mart has dropped this number at our little store, as they only stock the late model Auto matches. I believe Auto Zone carries this. Main thing in using this spray can is to shake real well and apply in thin coats. On the Dupont. Please read all of the warnings on this, as the hardner can kill you. You MUST use a good air system. I am sure others have had good results from other brands. Bill

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:03 pm

Jake,

All my Cubs except for the Lo-Boy are painted with IH 2150, and the rims I painted are IH silver (argent). You be the judge.

Barney is ready now to come home to join the crew with his new red suit.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce