This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

help!!!!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
rlreed50
10+ Years
10+ Years

help!!!!

Postby rlreed50 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:32 pm

Well, I read the warning about removing the hood, but removed it anyhow. Now I'm getting ready to paint the Loboy. The only thing I can't figure out is how the radiator is mounted. I read the manual section and it doesn't say anything about a gasket where it mounts to the cast bottom buy mine obviously has a rubber gasket there. I went thru the NAPA parts book and it doesn't list one. I want to know what I"m getting into before I remove it. My question is does it need a gasket and where can I get it.

Thanks in advance

Roger

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby John(videodoc) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:34 pm

is this what you are looking for?
http://www.tmtractor.com/co/453fp.htm

john

rlreed50
10+ Years
10+ Years

radiator help

Postby rlreed50 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:58 pm

Yep that looks like it fits but mine is definitly rubber. Now that I know what it looks like I think I'll take it off and try to use the old on e for a template to make another rubber one rather than the cork as shown.

I'm also looking for input on the worksaver 3 pt hitch. I ordered one last week and would like to hear from someone who has used one.

Thanks

Roger

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Postby Rick Prentice » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:33 pm

Hi Roger. It's pretty easy to make your own gasket, if you're in a hurry. If you don't have a punch set for making holes, just take an old socket the right size for the bolts, attach it to your cordless drill, turn the drill on and grind the socket (EASY) (with safety glasses :D ) against your grinding wheel or belt sander at about a 45 degree or less angle until it is sharp. Remove the socket, install an extension on it and pound away :D

If you email WKPoor, HDMan, or Eveilbowievel, they are familiar with the worksaver

Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:10 pm

Another good way to make gasket holes is to use empty "AMMO" casings. I have My homemade set sizes from 22-caliber up to 44-caliber casings. I sharpened the edges with a file. :idea:
Then came Bronson

jostev
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03574
eBay ID: farmallkid48
Skype Name: farmall_kid
Tractors Owned: 41 B
48 H
49 C
50 red demo Cub
51 C
52 Cub
54 Super C
61 and 63 Cub Cadet Originals
78 Cub Cadet 1450
73 154 lo-boy

Postby jostev » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:14 pm

That's a great :idea: , I will try that, since we have a whole bunch of ammo shells :wink:

Johnny

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:30 pm

The worksaver will work. I think its a little under built in a few areas but if you don't try and do to much it will be alright.

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:01 pm

Jonbron, I thought I was the only one to use spent brass for a gasket cutter. Folks thought I was nuts till they tried it. Easy to sharpen and cheap enough. Good thinking !!!
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

rlreed50
10+ Years
10+ Years

radiator help

Postby rlreed50 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:01 pm

Thanks for the info. I figured the hitch was light since they recommend not lifting anything over 350 pounds. Heck I weigh almost that much. I'll probably look at beefing it up a little when I put it on. I almost built my own but want to get this cub painted and running. This evening I pulled the head, seems I have a stuck intake valve and I've got it soaking overnight...

I'LL probably build my own on the next one...Looks like I'm hooked.

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:04 pm

The hitch lift rating I think was gathered from the fast hitch limitations which are about the same because the touch control does the work. Worksaver was probably being conservative for liability reasons also. I'm sure Ricks' version will lift much, much more. I think you will find that any emplement weighing 300lbs. or more will be more than the Cub can really handle anyway.
The very first thing I tryied to accomplish with my Cub and the 3pt. was to lift my new landscape rake off my trailer with a boom pole. It wouldn't even budge it. I thought something was wrong with the touch control. I put a gauge on it and it was good at 1500lbs. pressure. Simply put, there ain't much there.

Return to “Farmall Cub”