This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rebuild

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Rebuild

Postby Brent » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:56 am

:? :? :? I know I've seen posts on this before but I didn't have any luck in the archives. Looks like I'm finally going to have to rebuild the motor. Who sells a complete good rebuild kit ie: rings,bearings, .......?
Always try the easiest thing first.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby John(videodoc) » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:03 am

been looking at these for awhile. anybody got input on em
http://www.ytmag.com/cgi-bin/store/mode ... B&cat=kits

john

Bill Blansett
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bill Blansett » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:25 am

Brent, I would shop around and compare prices with the big Auto parts stores. Both parts stores in our little town of 3,000 can get all the Cub engine rebuild parts, and they are name brand. Fel-pro gaskets, Clevite bearings, etc. A few years back JP tractor Salvage got a complete rebuild kit for a Super A for me and they were reasonable. Shop and compare, Your money. Bill

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:39 am

Agree with Bill.

Make a list of everything you need. Shop the local autoparts stores. There is a big difference in prices. It will probably turn out that you will purchase the gasket set from one supplier, the rings and bearings from another.

Eugene

Tractor Tom
10+ Years
10+ Years

Subjective?

Postby Tractor Tom » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:35 pm

After some comparisons, I found the best price at this place: http://www.agkits.com/ I only have about an hour on the rebuild so it is a little early to tell but the parts were machined or forged within spec. I couldn't really tell where everything came from because several packages appeared to be re-packaged. The gasket set looks like a Victor Reintz (sp?), and the rings, Cleavite.

As you might guess, where to get parts is a very subjective question. A rebuilder who makes his living as a mechanic might only rely on dealer parts or brand names and not even consider the stuff I bought. I respect that but what frustrates me sometimes is I pay the extra money to the dealer for a brand name and it turns out the parts come from the same place as the discount sellers, India, Brazil, China, Mexico... you name it.

I also would like to hear from others on their experiences with various suppliers.
So many tractors, so little time......

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:46 pm

As you might guess, where to get parts is a very subjective question. A rebuilder who makes his living as a mechanic might only rely on dealer parts or brand names and not even consider the stuff I bought. I respect that but what frustrates me sometimes is I pay the extra money to the dealer for a brand name and it turns out the parts come from the same place as the discount sellers, India, Brazil, China, Mexico... you name it.

Tom,

That's a dirty little secret we're not supposed to spill! The old addage that you only get what you pay for has a reverse side... paying for a part and spending more because it's from a dealer doesn't necessarily make sense. The dealers , like the others, are only there to maximize their profits. They're simply dealing with import products at a higher mark-up.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Return to “Farmall Cub”