This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Guess what came out of my tranny

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:49 am

Personally, speaking for myself alone, I prefer EP90, it smells nice and reminds me of Landrovers!
Pat

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

JLollis
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29645
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: @JimLollis

Postby JLollis » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:34 pm

Freezing is not a big concern here right now. So, what exactly would be the procedure for flushing the tranny with kerosene? Do I fill it to the top, or just to the fill level. Then, I suppose I ride around for 15 - 20 minutes and drain. Do I have to let it sit for a while, or do I immediately put in the 90 wt? Should I use the kerosene just once, or should I run it through a couple of times?

Thanks, everyone.

Jim

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:53 pm

Jim, fill it half to 2/3 full so the gears can churn it well. If the fluid drained after the ride around is really dirty, I'd repeat it until it comes out reasonably clean. Once it comes out clean you can go ahead and fill to the proper level with 90 wt.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”