This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

box cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:20 am

Not much is needed in the way of special tools.

I would recommend getting a tap set. A bearing and seal install kit has turned out to be well worth the money for me, but you could also borrow one or make due without.

Another tool that is handy is a 'shop press' for pressing beaings/races. You don't need to own one if you can find someone that will let you use it or use the one at school you should be all set.

You have good company on the board, there are some great HS students/Cub owners here and Scotty D is not too far away in Mass.

Rudi is right about holding on to the implements, once they are gone you will have a hard time replacing them.

Good luck!

Larry in RI
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

mark1757
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mark1757 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:04 pm

Jim Becker wrote:Yes, the Fordmac (Ford McCleskey) rake was made for the Cub through the Super C. It was a dump rake. I have no idea why anyone would buy a new dump rake after the side delivery rake was invented. (I know, they were cheaper.)

If you're looking for a McCleskey Fordmac Hay Rake, there's one on E-Bay right now. :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Mark
"But the Farmall Cub is part of the family, we could never sell it." My wife. 4/9/2007

Return to “Farmall Cub”