This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Sticker Shock

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
AlanPCUBS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Sticker Shock

Postby AlanPCUBS » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:16 pm

Well I took the day off yesterday to go to Bridgeport NE. They have couple of large tractor and implement graveyards/ sales buisness there that are really kind of fun to go through. About a three hour drive from where I am in CO. Any way thought I would go up there for the day and see if by chance they might have some cub stuff. LIKE A BLADE. Well got there and I was driving through the tractors for sale there was a single little cub sitting there with a mower deck on it, so I stoped got out to take a looks. Pulled out my my handy serial number guide from TM tractor parts to find out that it was a 55 model. It was in ok shape phisacally straight sheet metal anyway some leaks in the usual spots. Thought I better go see what they are asking for the little fella, because I tell ya cubs are hard to come by around this area. Went in and found the owner/salesman and I asked him what they had to have for that little 55 cub out there and he said $3700.00 I about choked write there and then. I could not get over that. When I see them sell on Ebay and on here for much less for alot nicer tractors. Well thats what you get for living out west where little tractors are GOLD especially cubs. Went to there other yard and found a blade mounted on a farmall 140 that looked like a 54A but they would not seperate the two darnet all! Anyway all I found was a very over priced cub and a 140 witha blade for $7000.00 wowsers. guess Ineed to take a vacation out east to find cub stuff someday.

denton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24550
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Cub
1951 Farmall Cub
1951 Ford 8N
1953 Allis CA (not running)
1996 Kubota M4700

Postby denton » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:45 pm

Generally around here Cubs go for between 1000-1500 at auction if they are running and in decent shape. Your prices must be much higher. Lynchburg Va is on the north end of Tobacco country and many farmers in NC, TN, and VA used them for cultivating that crop. The A, Super A, and 140's were very popular for this as well. Since Tobacco is essentially dead for the small time grower, and maybe for any grower for that matter, there are a lot of them around.

I still say 2000 is a good deal if compared to a lawn tractor you might pick up at Sears or something like that.

I always felt that if cubs were about 15 HP, or if they were 4 speed, they would be much more valuable. But then again Super A's go for pretty cheap around here too.

Thomas
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Thomas » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:17 pm

In my quest for my dream Cub I've also ran across some sticker shockers,now I'm not the sharpes knife in the draw but Iam now fool either....someone just trying to make quick buck w/very little respect.

AlanPCUBS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby AlanPCUBS » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:45 pm

I do know that alot of it is to do with in this part of the country its mostly large farms the cubs and A's and such wer to little of a tractor. there for they are hard to find around these parts and when you do find them they bring pretty big money.

Maybe I should start a new buisness of buying cubs back east bringing them here and double and tripling my money :idea: :wink: sell to those whom dont know any better.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:41 pm

Prices depend on where you are. cubs are aobut twice the price in Western Iowa the are in central Mo.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jackman » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:57 pm

I gotta agreed its a regional issue when it comes to the lack of Cubs in the your neck of the woods, here in N.Y. there are plenty of Cubs around most in rough to good condition 2, 000 dollars should get a pretty good Cub out here. The most exspansive Cub I have seen was a Lo-boy with a mid mount mott mower, was in very very nice unrestored condition he was asking 3,000, I had bought my Lo-boy 13 years ago for 800 dollars it was rough but ran and had 5 impliments and wagon and just this past summer I bought a 51 Cub with full sett wheel waights, snow plow and moldboard and a drag behind harrow its all complete but the motor is sized from sitting for years I paid 500 for it,, any way good luck on your Cub hunt

Bill Blansett
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bill Blansett » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:19 am

Alan,

When I travel from AR. to WA, I diagonal from Ogalalla to Ft. Laramie and on. I also was amazed at the size of those two tractor yards, but after pricing some stuff, I realized why they have so much. I think they collect instead of sell. I also walked away empty handed. I even had a trailer with me and was prepared to buy. Maybe you can vacation farther east and check some of the places suggested in comments above. Good luck in your quest! Bill

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby John(videodoc) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:01 am

Hey Alan,
Heres one, http://cgi.ebay.com/Farmall-cub-lo-boy- ... dZViewItem

its about 12 hrs away from you. :( I have loaded a loboy in the back of my 8ft bed truck and drove away with it in the bed. without any problems. :D This ones about 6 hrs away from me, but i got an uncle :lol: (hes a farmer) 30 minutes away from the tractors location.

But i already got a 68. :evil:

heres another one, its closer
http://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/fo ... 2F7C67B127

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:30 pm

So there may hope for my investment in the 71...... the labor rate is about 2 cents an hour now!

Guess I got a better deal on the the 50 than I thought. But after all the bearings I have put in the rear end/trans/diff the 'cost' has risen considerably. But it should be good for another 55 years that way. It came with a wood 59, full set of spring tooth culivators, front blade and weights. She is gonna be some nice when I get done!

Now I just need something to cultivate!
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Scott
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02769
eBay ID: scottdarowski
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
55 Cub
62 CCO
63 CCO
70 JD 112

Postby Scott » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:17 pm

Larry you can help me cultivate :lol:
Image On To Bigger Things

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:24 pm

Sounds like a plan Scotty. These cultivators are some rusty and will take some time to get em usable. Look like they spent their whole life outside.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:27 pm

Larry:

How many spring teeth did you get with your full set :?: Does that include the shanks and clamps :?: :?:

Do you know where more are :?: :?:

I am still looking for 4 more shanks/clamps/spring teeth to make what I have complete for a 3x3 belly and a 3x3 rear setup..
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”